We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet2 online check-in. Any hidden costs????

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dukinfield, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Jet2 online check-in. Any hidden costs????

Hi all,

My family and i have booked a package deal to Albufiera in August with jet2.

I read somewhere that you have to check-in online and print your baording cards off at home, or they will charge you £17.50pp at the airport to check in.

Never travelled with Jet2 before and was wondering if this is true. Also do they charge a fee to check-in online?

Any more info on Jet2 check-in procedures would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
946 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Jet2 online check-in. Any hidden costs????

Apparently Paphos is suffering heavily from the 'AI curse'.

Lots and lots of hotels there now offering All-inclusive packages and the independent bars and restaurants are suffering accordingly.

Edited: 9:25 am, September 30, 2013
GALE
Level Contributor
141 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Jet2 online check-in. Any hidden costs????

I am afraid I agree with Graham M

Because we live both in the UK and in the Algarve, and we are retired and like to travel we fly some 12-14 times a year using low cost airlines. So you would think we would know all the tricks. But no they keep changing.

Last week we flew from Manchester with Jet2 from terminal one. Because of the earlier problem, having to pay to sit together (even though the flight was not full). I went to “manage your booking” filled out all the details but failed to print off the passes.

Once I got to the check in desk the girl said it would now cost me £35.00p. I complained and she gave her well rehearsed reply. This included “I am very sorry, a lot of people have complained that it is not clear on the website and she had informed head office” followed by there is nothing she could do and I could write to customer services (like moving traffic on). She then directed me to their desk opposite to pay which I did.

I put this down to my own stupidity and paid up. BUT. What really annoyed me was as I walked back from Jet2 area. There in front of me, were 2 tables each with computers allowing you to print off passes for £1 each but too late. I had just been mugged. If the staff were really sorry why did they not direct me to these which they must have known about as they are in the entrance to their sole area?

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Jet2 online check-in. Any hidden costs????

If you book a package, with Jet2, everything is covered in the price. I queue in the normal one, with my Suitcase(22kg allowance) and hand baggage (allowance of 10kg) I fly from Leeds Bradford. There is an On-line booking queue, but I still don't know how you join it. Was hoping to find out the answer.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Jet2 online check-in. Any hidden costs????

Yes you have to print off your flight passes, transfer passes, hotel passes, and ATOL certificate, if you book a package from home. The info comes, via your email, 28 days before your package holiday departs. It is easy to download and print out. I am a novice, and I have managed it. It is included in the package price. What I don't know is- do I go to the normal check in desk, with my suitcase, or the on-line booking one?

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Jet2 online check-in. Any hidden costs????

AS I understand it you can use either check in if you have checked in online - we flew out of LB the other week and were actually directed to the online check in by a greeter.

Glasgow, United...
1 post
Save Reply
36. Re: Jet2 online check-in. Any hidden costs????

Why do people keep saying they have "booked complete packaged with Jet2". If you mean Jet2holidays then you should understand they operate as a separate entity from Jet2 (even though they both seem to be owned by the same overall company). Jet2 only operate flights not package holidays.

I have booked holidays with Jet2holidays and also flight only (with Jet2) always from Glasgow. Jet2holidays include airport checkin for all their customers so there is no need to worry about printing boarding cards. You just turn up to the airport checkin desk with your passport and flight voucher.

Does anyone here know anything about the Jet2 mobile App? It seems to let you checkin from your mobile, but do you still then need to physically print the boarding card if you are flight only (i.e. booked with Jet2) ?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,837 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Jet2 online check-in. Any hidden costs????

If you go on their website you have the option to book flight only or a jet2holiday, owned by the Dart Group http://www.jet2.com/new/dartgroup-history, so how can you say they operate as a separate entity, otherwise they would have two different websites for flights and package holidays.

Leeds, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Jet2 online check-in. Any hidden costs????

We were charged £32 for online check in, not sure how much it is at the airport, but why do they charge extra for this anyway? After all you cannot travel without checking in?

I also paid £65 for extra legroom on out & in flights, but did not get it either way. I emailed Jet2 a month ago, and despite them stating they would get back to me "within 21 Calendar days" I've not heard anything.

I've used Jet2 loads in the past, but unlikely to use them again, their customer service is a joke.

Leeds, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Jet2 online check-in. Any hidden costs????

We were charged £32 for online check in, not sure how much it is at the airport, but why do they charge extra for this anyway? After all you cannot travel without checking in?

I also paid £65 for extra legroom on out & in flights, but did not get it either way. I emailed Jet2 a month ago, and despite them stating they would get back to me "within 21 Calendar days" I've not heard anything.

I've used Jet2 loads in the past, but unlikely to use them again, their customer service is a joke.

Wyre
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Jet2 online check-in. Any hidden costs????

If its a Package Holiday, Jet2 does not charge at check in

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira