We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luna Alpinus

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CHESLYN HAY
Level Contributor
161 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Luna Alpinus

Hi everyone. I and my wife are in need of some information as to the location surrounding the Luna Alpinus as we have never visited Portugal before. Since we booked the above hotel we have been reading several reviews some of which are conflicting. Simple answer is needed such as how far from the strip is the Luna Alpinus and is there much by way of bars and entertainment in the immediate vicinity? We normally go to spain but felt it was time for a change of venue.So any information on the hotel and things to do would be much appreciated. Karaoke is one of our favorite ways of relaxing.Thanks for any information it will be much appreciated. Kooch

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luna Alpinus

you are fairly isolated you are nowhere near the strip or Albufeira for that matter 4 or 5 miles away, there are a couple of Bars in Acoteias but more in Olhos d,agua a taxi to strip if you want to get there will be about 10/12 euros

CHESLYN HAY
Level Contributor
161 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luna Alpinus

Thanks for that bit of information. The more I hear about the Luna Alpinus the more inclined I am to re-book for an hotel that is more central.I really do appreciate your speedy response and shall inform my wife of your info. Kooch

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luna Alpinus

if you want to be in the thick of things try Vila Petra go either sc or banb as there are so many good choices to eat and drink in the vicinity

CHESLYN HAY
Level Contributor
161 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luna Alpinus

Thanks so much for that it is certainly a consideration. Thanks for your help. Kooch

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,854 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luna Alpinus

Luna Alpinius is exactly 5 miles from Albufeira old town and 3.5 miles from the 'strip'.

It is not exactly central to anything! It's also half a mile or so from the nearest beach.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,779 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luna Alpinus

If you want to go self catering try Clube Praia Da Oura, or its sister complex Oura View Beach Club situated on Oura Beach, although some apartments are at the rear of the complex. In a great area full of bars/restaurants you can shake a stick at.

petcheyleisure.co.uk/resorts-and-hotels/…

T/A reviews: tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g189112-d2917…

petcheyleisure.co.uk/resorts-and-hotels/…

T/A reviews: tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g189112-d5079…

You can also have meal options at the above two for extra costs.

Also have a look at St Eulalia Hotel & Spa

conforhoteis.pt/en/…Hotel-Santa-Eulalia.aspx

T/A reviews: tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g189112-d6292…

Edited: 2:34 pm, April 21, 2013
7. Re: Luna Alpinus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 23, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira