We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in March

England, Liverpool
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in March

Hi,

Has anyone been to Albufeira at this time of year and/or recently returned from Albufeira? We fly out on Friday afternoon and I have no idea what to pack!!! Is it bikini and shorts weather or more jeans and cardies!!!

Thanks,

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,179 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in March

Jeans and cardies! Weather is very unstable atm. Rain, sunshine, cold, warmer. Our winters are damp. during last night and this morning we had quite some rain, now it cleared up and there's some sunshine. The sun is warm if you can find a sheltered spot. Bring layers and bring your umbrella? You can check out local weather website: http://www.ipma.pt/en/index.html and click on the 10 day forecast (Faro/Albufeira)

Keep checking because it keeps changing! Also, there is a radar option (under weather tab). Useful when it rains.

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
661 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in March

We have been every feb and or March for the past 18yrs when any one asks always say somedays shorts and T shirts, somedays jeans and sweatshirts bring both! plus a mac!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,451 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in March

We have stayed in Albufeira quite a few times in the month of March (though not nearly as many times as algarveaddict). The weather can be a bit mixed. Must say we have usually been very lucky and had quite a lot of sunshine and have spent many days by the pool sunbathing. I hope the weather is kind to you but best to pack for all weathers! Enjoy your break.

Merseyside
Level Contributor
244 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in March

We are there now arrived yesterday which was very sunny and warm to day we have had rain coats then shorts now jeans who cares we are on holiday enjoy your stay bring a mix

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,246 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in March

It was foul this morning, heavy rain, thunder and lightning for a short while as well. It's really unsettled at the moment. I met a regular visitor that I know, on my way back from the shops earlier, who managed to get a fairly nasty sunburn sitting outside a bar yesterday afternoon. She is from Manchester, but should know better by her own admission as she used to live here!

Don't be deceived - it can be quite different within the space of a couple of hours. It's been fairly reasonable since about 1pm, if a bit windy, but looking out of my window out to sea I can see a big raincloud approaching.

It's not cold, 16.8C at just after 5pm local, but rather damp and humid. Humid enough to make the paper in my printer stick together.

The weekend forecast is for more showery and windy days and continuing into next week.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,179 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in March

"who cares we are on holiday" Great one, patmersyside!

I'd like all tourists to say this.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,246 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in March

Me too! Whatever the weather here it has to be better than the freezing wind and icy rain.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,179 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in March

Sunshine today with 16C. Things keep changing changing..... always!

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in March

We woke up to two inches of snow again in Yorkshire today, so next week can't come fast enough for me, give me 17 degrees and a bit rainy any day!!

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,328 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in March

Been out gardening today at 19.5C - very hot in the sun but a bit cool in the shade. Might just treat myself to a lovely ice cold beer. Cheers UK!!