We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort & Spa - Whats Nearby ?

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stokesley...
Level Contributor
71 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort & Spa - Whats Nearby ?

Looking to posibly stay here for Christmas week, however would be interested to know if there are any bars/restuarants within close walking distance from the hotel as from what I see there does not seem to be much going on at the hotel itself. Thanks in advance

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,854 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort & Spa - Whats Nearby ?

A few minutes walk along the road towards Albufeira (and up a small hill) you will come to the Estrada de Santa Eulalia. Here, at the roundabout then looking right, you will find a mixture of tourist bars, locals bar / cafés and several restaurants along a street about 300 yards long. There's also a fairly good supermarket there, Ecomarché. Closed December 25th.

I cannot say for sure what will be open over Christmas, as that area is a couple of miles across town from me and I don't go there often.

If you went straight on for about another five minutes you would be at the bottom end of the 'strip' which is however mainly tourist places and might be a bit quiet.

Be aware that just about everything, bars and restaurants included, closes around 6 or 7pm on Christmas Eve. That's the time when Portuguese families get together for their big meal followed by midnight Mass. There will be plenty of places open on Christmas Day itself, but if it's a British style Christmas dinner you are wanting that might be a little hard to find. Booking will almost certainly be necessary. I know that the Forte da Oura hotel did a dinner last year because I saw the signs. That's only about 12 - 15 minutes walk from the Grande Real.

Best ask about that, if wanted, nearer the time.

December 26th is not a holiday here so everything will be open as usual.

I hope that helps.

Edited: 8:11 am, March 13, 2013
Dublin
Level Contributor
87 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort & Spa - Whats Nearby ?

I stayed in this hotel before. It is a really nice hotel but there was not much in the way of entertainment at night time, so if you are looking for something lively at night you won't find it in the hotel.

We used to go down to the old town which has plenty of bars and restaurants but it would be a good bit of a walk. The hotel runs a courtesy bus several times a day.

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort & Spa - Whats Nearby ?

with streetview now live on google maps you can have a "virtual" walk around whats about

Stokesley...
Level Contributor
71 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort & Spa - Whats Nearby ?

thanks cunsur for your informative info, defo no xmas meals for us we love the food of the locals, whole point of going away, hate all those Brits abroad bars that have footie on - much prefer the local feel wine and tapas style dishes :-)

5. Re: Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort & Spa - Whats Nearby ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira