We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zoomarine/Aquashow

Liverpool
Level Contributor
49 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Zoomarine/Aquashow

Hi,

I am coming to albufeira staying at Luna Forte Da Oura on 29th July for a week.

Is it best to book Zoomarine and/or Aquashow online before we leave or book when we are there.

Is there any saving to booking online?

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zoomarine/Aquashow

Don't know what prices/offers web site or ticket shops will have in July. Suggest you come over, check online and ticket shops around town, and make your choice.

Wyre
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zoomarine/Aquashow

You save 20% on-line, however in the areas resorts you can possibly save the same 20% if you shop around.

One word of warning. If you have been before, be prepared for a bit of a let down. Staff have been drastically cut at this venue and most of the kiosks for drinks etc are closed and many of the rides don`t open till mid afternoon resulting in extra long queues.

We visited late last June for the 5th or 6th year running and it will be our last visit

Ireland
Level Contributor
236 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zoomarine/Aquashow

It has gone downhill I agree.

We go every year and there is a huge difference between last year and 5 years ago, even in the size of the crowds.

Our kids still loved it last year though :)

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,224 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zoomarine/Aquashow

Which one has gone downhill please, Zoomarine or Aquashow?

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zoomarine/Aquashow

zoo marine getting worse - aquashow getting bigger each year.

Wyre
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zoomarine/Aquashow

Yes Zoomarine. Its False economics cutting staff to save money when all cutting staff is doing is stopping disgruntled punters from returning. We won`t return this year or any other year until we hear of improved facilities, Shame really as it used to be a great day out. Last June when we went, if it wasn`t for the dozens of School Classes there it would have been a couple of hundred visitors at the very most throughout the day

Edited: 1:46 pm, February 28, 2013
Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
985 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zoomarine/Aquashow

Zoomarine was good but over the past 8-10 years its gradually got worse, Aquashow is a much better place and you can have more fun there

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zoomarine/Aquashow

Again, get the reviews on here and maybe the owners of zoomarine will see them and attempt to improve.

Ireland
Level Contributor
236 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zoomarine/Aquashow

Yes Zoomarine here too.

We had a similar experience with the Schools being there. I was surprised at the lack of tourists compared to previous years, it seemed to be mostly Portuguese people. Kids still loved it though.

One thing actually - there was an exhibit "nature" show about the life of a plastic bag, as if the bag was an animal trying to get home - aka the pacifica garbage patch. That was new and it was really very good.

Might give aquashow a go this year.

Kildare
Level Contributor
1,345 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Zoomarine/Aquashow

I visited Zoomarine last May and agree totally that its not the place it was. I was a bit disgruntled that a lot of the rides and shows were not open. My boys are getting too old for it now, the "WOW" factor is gone. Aquashow on the other hand is always a great day, by far my favourite water park I'd prefer it to both Aqualand and Slide and Splash.

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira