We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baby passport

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
226 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Baby passport

Hi all

New baby 6 days old, Albufeira in 45 days, registering baby on Friday and was wondering if anyone knows the correct time period for baby's new passport, we have been told varying times,so we just don't know, we have3 other kids but we know we were never cutting things so fine.

Thanks in advance.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,854 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baby passport

This isn't really a matter for the Albufeira forum.

The information is all available on official UK government websites thus:

homeoffice.gov.uk/publications/agencies-publ…

and

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-child-passport

You will read this

It takes at least 3 weeks to get your child’s first passport - use a different service if you need the passport more urgently. Don’t book travel until you have a valid passport.

Edited: 3:22 am, February 28, 2013
Sunderland
Level Contributor
941 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baby passport

Passport office generally say to allow about three weeks in peak season for them to issue a passport - assuming the application and supporting documentation are correct..

I've personally never had any passport, adult or kids, new or renewal, take longer than 10 days to come back.

Plus we're outside of peak season at the minute (although Easter is on the horizon). You should get it back in plenty of time if applying on Friday. Alternatively, you can go and pay for the same day service at your local passport office - costs more but at least you'll get it there and then.

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baby passport

Belfast has its own passport office you can make an appointment and get one same day

heres address and phone no

Law Society House, 90-106 Victoria St, Belfast

0300 222 0000

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
226 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baby passport

Sorry if topic isn't for the forum, It was only posted here as it will be our first destination this year in April and we were hoping that someone might reply that had experience of the time a first passport for infant actually took for them.

Thanks for pointing out there is a same day service as well, as didn't know if it applied to first passport.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
941 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baby passport

I've just looked at the passport office website and the quickest service available for a child's first passport is the 'fast track' service.

It costs £87 and you must make an appointment and supply all documentation on the day. The passport will then be delivered to your home within 1 WEEK.

It also says that it can take up to three weeks to get an appointment.

My apologies for the misleading info in my earlier post.

Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baby passport

i renewed my 10 yr old daughters passport in February, did the check and send at the post office, went off on thur 7th and got it back Wed 13th so i dont think you have anything to worry about, post office said there could be up to a 3 wk turnaround but i think they are told to say this as the worst case scenario.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
226 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baby passport

Thanks again El-n-Hills, for taking the time to help, I will show these posts to the better half and let her take over, as I'm a bit useless at such things.

8. Re: Baby passport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira