We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

breakage deposits

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
breakage deposits

Hi There,

Can anyone tell me if there is a breakage deposit on arrival at the Oura View Beach Club.

Two over 50's and i would find this quite insulting. Obviously if we did break something we would pay for the damage, but not to be trusted to do this is a bit much.

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,248 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: breakage deposits

petcheyleisure.com/resorts-and-hotels/portug…

is a link to their contact details.

If you have booked they are unlikely to know your ages and if they have a breakage deposit policy it would be applied to all bookings, regardless of age etc.

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: breakage deposits

I've never ever paid a deposit in any s/c place I've stayed against breakages, despite it stating it.

Had card details taken, but not cash.

I think I've only ever paid a deposit for a tv remote etc and that's optional.

If you do pay a deposit, check the inventory. Report any shortages or damages asap.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,874 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: breakage deposits

With whom are you booking though an agency or direct through Petchey Leisure who own the resort? if the latter you are best contacting them for verification from the link The Cottage has posted. My personal opinion would be it will mainly apply to the younger end and the hotel management use their discretion on whether to charge or not, but one never knows. Good and bad in all ages, the ones you least expect to disrespect could be the worst.

We have never been charged on arrival or had card details taken in a hotel or self catering accommodation wherever we have stayed even though it might state it on booking terms & conditions. Perhaps tseamsok member could comment as he has stayed there of recent years. I have stayed there but its a long time ago and was never charged so don't know if it applies as now as the resort was taken over by another company approx 12 months ago even though they still use Petchey Leisure name. Good Luck.

Edited: 4:40 pm, February 23, 2013
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: breakage deposits

Thanks to you all for your replies to my query, and for the link from The Cottage, very helpful.

Cheers!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: breakage deposits

Thanks to all who replied to my query, and for the link from The Cottage, very helpful,

Cheers! See you in April.

Merseyside
Level Contributor
244 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: breakage deposits

every time we have stayed at praia da oura which is the same group of hotels they always take card details on checking in, when you check out don't forget to ask for your details back they don't always offer them back you don't want to leave card details hanging around.

7. Re: breakage deposits

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira