We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Albufeira - Suitable for family with young kids???

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
58 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Club Albufeira - Suitable for family with young kids???

Hi, We are a family with three children ages 7, 4, 2 and are travelling to Portugal at the end of May. We are currently looking at accommodation and were wondering if anybody could offer any advice or recommendations on Club Albufeira. Is it suitable for young children? Is there any entertainment for kids e.g. Kids disco? Is it located in a nice area? Any local attractions that you would recommend?

Thanking you in advance for any information.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,579 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Albufeira - Suitable for family with young kids???

Clue Albufeira is about a mile out of town. It has its own fenced off grounds. I have only been inside once (by accident!) so I really cannot speak about what's inside.

The area is pretty much self contained and is set apart from the town. There are a couple of cafés on the main road not far from the entrance and a reasonably decent supermarket about 5 minutes walk from the entrance as you come into town. There is small but expensive shop on site as I recall.

The walk into town can be done along a series of footpaths once you have crossed the road, which is very busy by the way. As an alternative there is a bus every half hour every day from the stop outside the entrance to Camping Albufeira, which is almost directly opposite Clube Albufeira.

I doubt if any 'activities' will be on offer at the end of May at any complex, let alone there. Although it won't be dead quiet they really only cater for for the masses in July and August. However someone may know better.

Hope that helps anyway.

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
58 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Albufeira - Suitable for family with young kids???

Thanks for the advice Cubsur

We were also looking at Parque da Corcovada and were wondering if this would be more suitable? Would you know anything about this place? (location, suitability for kids etc)

Thanks again

Darren

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,579 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Albufeira - Suitable for family with young kids???

Corcovada is at the other end of town, near the area the reps and tourists call 'the strip' which is a concentrated area of restaurants, bars and clubs for visitors. It's on the eastern edge of town and is fairly new development of town houses and apartments. Some are privately owned, some are rentals.

If you do a search (search box above) for Corcovada there have been probably hundreds of Q&A posted here.

I don't know that much about it except from the outside.

4. Re: Club Albufeira - Suitable for family with young kids???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira