We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

albufeira hotel

northumberland
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
albufeira hotel

hello, i am thinking of booking for the Algarve in October with 2 small children age 2 and 5, i have never been to the algarve before, we usually go to the greek islands, and this summer we have also booked for cala galdana in menorca.

can anyone please tell me what albuferia is like , and has anyone been to either the paraiso hotel or the brisa sol?

I would like to know what the beach and sea is like, and if it is picturesque as menora and greece, als what the weather will be like mid october

i would be grateful for any reccomendations

many thanks

uk
Level Contributor
789 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: albufeira hotel

hi i went in brisa sol it was nice we stayed at vilanova apartments cheap clean kids club still running which was superb and in the middle of everything.we went innov but at the night it was very cold mild sunshine in the day.

GLASGOW
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: albufeira hotel

Hi there

We are just back from staying at the Paraiso in Albuferia family of 4. My children are 7 and 9. The pool is not ideal for younger children it is deep and the kiddies pool is tiny.

The hotel is ok but would not say that it merited a 4star recommendation.

The hotel seems short staffed as you had to wait a while for drinks/food etc.

We were fully inclusive but everything is extra so would not recommend that.

The hotel is located central. About 10/15mins to the old town, 10 mins to the strip.

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: albufeira hotel

Hiya i would recomend the vilanova with young children www.vilanovaresort.com it has kids clubs,shade grass areas for the younguns it is also right in the middle of everything and not to far to the beach so you would not have to travel too far

northumberland
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: albufeira hotel

thanks everyone for the replys i am going to look at the vilanova

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: albufeira hotel

tubby123lala let me know when in october you are going as we are there from 19th october till the 30th . and if you would like anymore info just post here and i will do what i can this place maybe of interest to your kids http://www.slidesplash.com/ and if you like dolphins etc this place http://www.zoomarine.com/

northumberland
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: albufeira hotel

thanks very much, we are going 1 october

algarve
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: albufeira hotel

hi. returned from albufeira end of june, had agreat time. stayed at the alto colina in balaila which is about a 20 min walk from the strip.dont know if you have booked any where yet, but you wont go far wrong with this place ( brilliant) booked again for next year. in my opinion cala galdana is more picturesque, but with albufeira there is much more going on. is it your first time to menorca? if so hire a car.( it will make your holiday) had a great time at both places, but albufeira pips it because the alto colina is brilliant for families! enjoy both.

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: albufeira hotel

Hi Tubby, not sure if too late and you've booked, but I would recommend the Brisa Sol 100%.

We have stayed there twice before and love it.

We have also booked this time for the Paraiso, so cant give any recommendations on that yet.

The beach (via the old town) is great, although cold! But we didnt leave the pool at the Brisa Sol much to go on the beach - really is that good!!!

We normally go in September, but would think October weather would still be good.

Hope this got to you in time!

maidmarion123

9. Re: albufeira hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, August 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira