We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Ignacio

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
181 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Ignacio

If anyone has rented this villa in the Sesmarias area can they please contact me . I had misspelled the name of the villa on my last posting !! Casa Ignacio

Regards

Ann

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Casa Ignacio

To the Ginger, MoreCheese did, I didn't say you had. As I said before read the reviews and repies properly,

Regards,

Colin

liverpool
Level Contributor
113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Casa Ignacio

Guzzer 30

is this your last post or was your last post your last post or is your next post your last post

liverpool
Level Contributor
362 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Casa Ignacio

always some1 trying to have the last word eh bobo? lol

this is my last post on this subject lol

seriously this is becoming boring now, lets all drop it.

cheers franky

1 post
Save Reply
24. Re: Casa Ignacio

I have booked a holiday at Casa Ignacio for this year and have recently come across the reviews. I am now a little bit worried about my booking. Has anyone stayed here recently as I am hoping that any problems there may have been last year are now sorted!

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Casa Ignacio

Much discussed but if it's any help I have googled the villa and the only complaint I can find is the one you've seen on these forums.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Casa Ignacio

Hi there, I am just back from Casa Agnacio in June. There were 8 of us went and right from booking Linda just couldn't have done enough for me, kept in touch with weather updates, things to do and also arranged pickup from airport. On arrival she had wine in the fridge for us, fresh bread rolls, oranges etc, David then drove us to the supermarket for supplies and then came back and collected us. Linda had left a manual with everything listed from taxi numbers to hospital, she also had a list of things to do and places to visit. The villa itself was so homely and really was home from home as I could not think of one thing they had left out from coffee makers to dishwasher. What I really liked about the villa was each room had its own bathroom so no need for waiting around on others getting ready, there was always a supply of warm water also. The villa itself was a 5 minute taxi ride into the Old Town or Strip so close enough but you still had plenty of privacy. 5 minute walk one direction there was a small shop and a few restaurants and pub and then 15 minutes the other way was the big supermarket. I absolutely loved this villa and we left it the way we found it which was spotless, therefore had our security despoit back within 2 days of returning home. I can't even begin to praise this place enough, its perfect for a larger family or like us a group of friends which ranged in ages from 33 to 54, we all loved it. I have been on any amount of holidays over the years but this was by far the best experience as Linda made everything so easy and went over and above all I would have expected. She has offered me a great deal to go back in September which I am considering but if I don't manage it then we will all be back next June again as I couldn't imagine finding anywhere as nice or someone as helpful as what Linda and David were - book with confidence, I couldnt recommend enough!

Cambridge
Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Casa Ignacio

OK, it's cheap at £250 per week late January and Linda and Dave have done what they could be be fit for purpose, and I Linda said, "it's a work in progress".... However....

I concede that the bathroom fittings should be updated, but what I couldn't accept was the general level of cleanliness, or rather, lack of it. Cobwebs and dirt around the windows, bathroom taps and shower area that need litres of bleach and Jif just to get it into a habitable state.

The smell from the whole villa emanating from the main room permeated the whole villa. It was disgusting and made me feel ill at times, we just sealed the door up and sprayed the area every day.

We arrived at night but Dave had no idea how to get the water boiler to deliver even tepid water. In the end he fiddled with it and then it gave moderate heat. Then the shower head in the main bathroom didn't work so he swapped it for a new one.

We asked for some form of heating but he said he could use only the oil radiator in the store room at a cost of 30 euros per week. We refused and then he told us we could use it for free.

The brochure stated that the villa has a log fire hearth but he said we couldn't use it......and the villa was freezing!

Then the electrics failed completely in the kitchen and we had no way of cooking so had to use the local hotel. We reported this to him and Linda on Sunday morning but neither of them contacted us to remedy the problem - in the end I found the main fuse box in the garage and we had power restored.

Probably the worst of all is that neither of them phoned them when we needed them. However, on Wenesday Dave came to the villa to see if we now had everything we needed - a bit late as we'd been calling him since Sunday and he lived in attached apartment!

By then, we'd got used to the damp and cold and decided to make the best of things and let these things spoil the holiday.

I'll leave it up to the next visitor to see what they find but we defintely wouldn't reccomend it to anyone at any price.

Fivemiletown...
1 post
Save Reply
28. Re: Casa Ignacio

I am thinking strongly of booking this villa - after reading these posts don't know what to do. Will someone please advise? - we are a party of two couples with our 7 "children" - four nineteen year olds - two sixteen year olds and a fourteen year old!

Cambridge
Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Casa Ignacio

You've seen my post. I wouldn't reccommend this at all as there are many more better, cleaner villas around that aren't next to a local skip, sorry villa! The worst thing was that they wouldn't respond to our phone calls to put things right. He couldn't be foundmat all althiugh he was just next door and didn't answer the door and she avoided all calls Avoid

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
181 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Casa Ignacio

Please take the advise given and book another villa , these people have misled a lot of holiday makers , we went on to stay at villa Santa Maria in Albuferia , this I would highly recommend , the owners were most helpful and this villa exceeded all our expectations .we never got our €800 deposit back but were thankful in the end after seeing the horrific conditions that we would have had to endure if we stayed at Casa Ignacio. PM me for other details and I can give you direct contact details of other unhappy holiday makers .....

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira