We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monarch Airlines Baggage Allowance

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
12 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Monarch Airlines Baggage Allowance

Does anyone know if passengers are charged for their hold (checked-in) bags? I have read the Monarch Flights passenger info and come across a charge of £14.99 per bag for baggage put into the hold if you book online (that's not excess baggage), and £25 per bag if you check them in at the airport.

Wisbech, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Monarch Airlines Baggage Allowance

to true cubsur.having used to live 45 mins drive from gatwick and having many options with airlines flight times etc,its only when i move away and stansteds my only choice you realise how much you you take the overall price rather than the individual elements into account!!charge me as much as you want for baggage,if the overall cost is manageable im there,come on easyjet release 2012 flights soon!!!!!give me something other than my dinner to look foreward too!!!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,905 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Monarch Airlines Baggage Allowance

Monarch hold baggage charges (Manchester to Faro) are now £15.99 per journey for max 20kg.. Hand luggage( free) max 10kg. No flight booking fee if you pay by debit card (Visa/Mastercard)

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Monarch Airlines Baggage Allowance

Anyone travelling on Monarch beware, they are weighing hand luggage at the check in. My bag was 9.8kg and the woman glared at me and said, "do not even think of putting another thing in that bag!"

14. Re: Monarch Airlines Baggage Allowance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 19, 2012