We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Albufeira
Search

Balai Golf Resort

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
713 posts
30 reviews
51 helpful votes
Balai Golf Resort
Save

We are looking at booking a 2 bed apartment here in the summer. Can anyone recommend they are good for a family with 2 kids (14 and 16). I know they are a little way from the main area but if there is plenty for kids on site I am happy driving/taxi for evenings out etc....

If anyone has alternative resorts to recommend please feel free.

Thanks

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,739 posts
329 reviews
324 helpful votes
1. Re: Balai Golf Resort
Save

Hi,

We are staying here at the end of this month, it is a timeshare resort which usually have good facilities. From various reviews I have read I believe it popular and comes highly recommended. If you are staying in the summer I would imagine there will be plenty of places open without you having to go to the strip every evening and the beach is not too far away, at that age they shouldn't mind walking?

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
713 posts
30 reviews
51 helpful votes
2. Re: Balai Golf Resort
Save

Thanks Scouse, the main thing is there are things for them to do during the day and so hopefully there will be pool tables and table tennis etc... and other people around the same age.

Do you know how long the walk is to the beach and strip and if there is evening entertainment on ?

Thanks

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
8,745 posts
97 reviews
73 helpful votes
3. Re: Balai Golf Resort
Save

Have a look at tripadvisor reviews.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g189112-d5077…

Scousmouse not all the resort is timeshare there is a lot of privately owned property

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
713 posts
30 reviews
51 helpful votes
4. Re: Balai Golf Resort
Save

Thanks , I read 5 pages of them but none really listed the activities on site, although they did give beach/strip walking times.

Tavira, Portugal
Level Contributor
455 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
5. Re: Balai Golf Resort
Save

Balaia is a nice resort. It is a bit out the way, but you can get to civilisation in a few minutes by car, and buses run down the road outside. The beach is actually across the road and through another resort bit - about 5 minutes walk.

There is a fair but to do on the resort - several pools, including an indoor one with jacuzzi etc (you need a swimming hat as you do at most Portuguese indoor pools, but they sell them there.)

I think they have other onsite games - table tennis etc. but it was a long time ago when we were there...

B

www.movingtoportugal.org

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
713 posts
30 reviews
51 helpful votes
6. Re: Balai Golf Resort
Save

Thanks, will probably have a car for the 2 weeks so dont mind it being a little out the way. May think is there is plenty to keep teens occupied during the day.

7. Re: Balai Golf Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, October 16, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira