We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Icelolly and Bookable Holidays

Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Icelolly and Bookable Holidays

Don't waste your time or money. They don't have the holidays they advertise. There practice is fraudulant.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Icelolly and Bookable Holidays

Your absolutely right- my friend at work was saying the same thing earlier in the week. Its a ploy to get u to ring and hopefully they can sell u something. Not illegal but poor practice. Have u tried Monach direct I book through them but seperately usually save a good bit.

Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Icelolly and Bookable Holidays

Thanks for the advice. They did not try to sell anything, probably had nothing to sell!

achill
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Icelolly and Bookable Holidays

Hi ValRoIo one thing to be greatfull for at least you found out in time.Before you lost a lot of your hard eared money.Theres a lot of scams in all destinations,so beware....BEFORE BOOKING..

Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Icelolly and Bookable Holidays

Thanks. Still Looking for a good deal!

achill
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Icelolly and Bookable Holidays

Are you going flight only and booking your own hotel..

Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Icelolly and Bookable Holidays

Looking at all options.

achill
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Icelolly and Bookable Holidays

Well if you are going on package deal i would suggest wait till last minute.If going DIY make sure you check out the online sites.

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Icelolly and Bookable Holidays

I usually book independently, ryanair or easyjet for flights, be careful because Ryanair may seem cheaper, but add baggage of £30 for 15 kilo and then it can add up, try easyjet, add baggage at just £18 each for 20kilo, and if its two of you booking take 1 bag away and the allowance goes up to 32 kilo for 1 bag between the 2 for £18. Also easyjet have unlimited weight for hand luggage. Do a quick comparison beforehand.

Accomodation, I usually use travel republic, alpharooms is also good as is hotels4u but overall I find travel republic the best. Just choose your accomodation and before you book check reviews on TA or other sites.

Transfers, I have used resorthoppa, but compare because travel republic also do good deals on extras and I have just got transfers alot cheaper with them for Pefkos in Rhodes for September, also easyjet do cheap transfers and other extras. I have used resorthoppa both times to Albufeira and found them fine.

I usually use insure and go for my travel insurance.

Only problem with going independently is if one of the companies go bust, then you are still liable for the others, example, we did Turkey one year and our flights were cancelled but we could not cancell our accomodation, we ended up getting other flights and it did not cost us much more, but it could have been worse, this was with a bit of a dodgy airline though, Turkish budget (won't mention name, don't think they fly from uk anymore anyway).

Booking with a travel agent is probably going to cost a lot more, but if something does go wrong then its all covered in a package and so its down to them to sort it for you.

This said I always go independent nowadays and I don't think you can go much wrong with the companies I have mentioned.

Hope this helps and I hope you get booked up and have a great holiday

we loved Albufeira.

all the best

Jay

Edited: 5:14 am, July 25, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Icelolly and Bookable Holidays

Ice lolly like a lot of these sites will offer base prices then other costs end up going on, and yes you very often end up being offered alternatives because the holiday you have applied for is no longer available, they used to be owned by sunmaster not sure if they still are, and if you go to sunmaster this site will now take you through booking each segment, flights then accomodation and then extras like transfers can also be added, you may get a more realistic pricing with this site, have used them years ago but would now choose to book independent through sites like the ones I mentioned in my last post.

Jay

Leeds, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Icelolly and Bookable Holidays

Will never use icelolly again. we was told we would have 6 full days on our holiday. The forms are now here and we only have 5 full days. Feel totally let down, They have our £1600 so they dont care.

Most companys where charging 510 for HB we got charged nearly 800. How to spoil your holiday before you even leave.

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira