We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Albufeira in April

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Albufeira in April

My wife and I were curious about the weather. I read some posts and it seems like March is a bit cool and May is when it gets pretty hot. What about April?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Albufeira in April

Unsurprisingly, seeing as March is a bit cool and May/June is when it gets pretty hot, April is generally somewhere in between!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Albufeira in April

A girl named Goldilocks suffered greatly because of that logic.

norfolk
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Albufeira in April

HI, we were there 28th March to 5th April last year and had a lovely week,a bit breezy to start but still in shorts by the end of the week we were sunbathing a bit too cold to swim and cold in the evenings.we will be back same time this year so hoping for the same. hope this helps.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Albufeira in April

Thanks! This is very helpful. Was it too cold to swim because of the weather you mean or simply the water temperature?

norfolk
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Albufeira in April

it was the water temp, very few of the pools are heated.The sea is always on the cool side being the atlantic. in high season its fine but would take a brave person in april. We visit Albufeira quite often and have even sunbathed in January and have had rain in june. No matter what the weather its a great place to go with lovely people and always very friendly we love it.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
797 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Albufeira in April

I think it's too difficult to predict. I've been going to the Algarve for 3 years in a row in late May (wedding anniv) or the beginning of June (my birthday) and it's allways been bad weather, raining... clowdy... this year we went on new year and it was great, caught some sun on the 1st of January which was a great way to start the year :D and had a lot of fun at the ... indoor pool. Now there's no way I'm going back to the Algarve without a very good indoor pool because you never know when it rains. We do some golfing and mini-golfing with the kids but dont really enjoy spending a lot of time "trapped" inside the appartment...

So, word of advice: get a hotel with an inside pool and some other activities (I like the gym and sauna), just in case...

Edited: 10:14 pm, March 06, 2010
7. Re: Weather in Albufeira in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 03, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira