We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villaplus.com

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
villaplus.com

have just booked a package with villaplus.com was wonderin how other ppl have got on with this company any feed back would be great thanks xx

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: villaplus.com

thanks amanda will get lookin for the hotel on the google map see how far away we are from there xxx

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: villaplus.com

My pleasure.

From what I can make out on the map, you are about 10 minutes walk from the supermarket I referred to earlier. (I would walk there and maybe grab a cab back if you are loaded up with shopping. There is a taxi rank just round the corner, you'll pass it on the way there.)

As well as the nearby bars and restaurants (you really are close to the bottom/"livelier" end of the Strip) have a try of the family friendly bars/eateries on the way to and just a bit further up from the supermarket there's loads and all good!

(See this thread for more details/names etc...

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189112-i331-k1976854-Bars_and_restaurants-Albufeira_Algarve.html)

There's also many more good family friendly bars and lovely restaurants at the top end of the Strip - a few that come to mind are The Paradise and just further up (turn right at the 60's Bar into a little square - you can't miss it) The Cottage and Os Compadres.

And that's before you venture into the Old Town!

Hope this helps.

Dublin
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: villaplus.com

With regard to the supermarkets, while there is a local Echo Marche market close to where you are staying, the larger supermarkets are located on the main Avendida dos Descobrimentos,which runs from east to west through the middle on the strip.

If you turn left at the middle of the strip by Cafe del Mar and walk for about 8 -10 minutes you will come along Pingo Doce on the righthand side. If you walk for a further 5 - 7 minutes you will come to Modelo Centre on the lefthand side, which has a large supermarket and also other shops including dry cleaners, hair and beauty, nails, boutiques etc. Lidle is quite a distance further on the right hand side and not really within walking distance. However taxis are very reasonable, and the cost should be no more than €5 to go anywhere in Albuferia.

14. Re: villaplus.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, August 12, 2009