We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather temperature in April ?

Harlow, United...
Level Contributor
464 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Weather temperature in April ?

Hi all

I am getting married in April next year and we would like to take a short honeymoon to Albufeira on/around 20th. Can anyone give me an idea of the kind of weather to expect?

Thanks

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather temperature in April ?

Quite a few sites and organisations around that will give you a broad indication. Try googling "weather" "algarve" "april" and you'll get a fair few hits.

Your local tour operator should also be able to help. Indeed travel brochures include average monthly temperatures. Obviously too far ahead to predict next April with any certainty! General web sites on the Algarve also invariably cover this topic.

Hope this helps.

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather temperature in April ?

The average temperature in April is 20C. It does rain in April and the weather in the Algarve can be a little unpredictable at this time. Average rainfall is 31mm and 9 hours of sunshine.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,183 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather temperature in April ?

Hi,

These sites should help re weather:

Check out this site. In the middle of the page (History & Almanac) you can put in any date from 1996 and it will give you the weather on that given day/week/month

http://www.wunderground.com

Weather2Travel.com is also good & can tell you humidity, hrs of sunshine etc

Regards

Harlow, United...
Level Contributor
464 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather temperature in April ?

Thanks everybody for your help and advice :-)

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
91 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather temperature in April ?

Last 3 years I have been in April and 1st year it was blistering hot (but previous week was wet), 2nd year was warm but overcast and this year there was a lot of rain. April can be unpredictable

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,862 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather temperature in April ?

If your on honeymoon it shouldnt really matter what the weathers like( ermmmmmmmmmm ha ha ), talking from experience 40 yrs later.

Seriously dont let it spoil your holiday, I'm sure you will have a good time on the Algarve, April can be dodgy with rain,although saying that you sometimes dont see any, but thats the chance you take.

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather temperature in April ?

If it does rain, I would recommend hiring a car. At that time of year, you can get a really good deal. Before we moved to the Algarve, when we used to visit and it would be raining, we would drive all over and explore the little towns and villages. They are filled with charm and character and it's a wonderful experience and you will have many great photo opportunities and memories.

The best thing to do clothing wise is to bring layers and be prepared and comfortable. Whatever the weather in the UK, it is generally 10 degrees warmer.

8. Re: Weather temperature in April ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, September 02, 2009