We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tripadviser no longer publish honest reviews?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Tripadviser no longer publish honest reviews?

I've had some good, detailed and honest reviews of hotels and destinations NOT published or accepted by Tripadvisor. It's now become clear that this site is in the hands of their sponsors and commercial backers and has basically been 'watered down' to the point where now it is nothing more than a token of what it once was!

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tripadviser no longer publish honest reviews?

Have you emailed the admin?

A review I did never appeared and so I emailed the *powers that be* (found it on the site somewhere)

It had been an oversight and the review was put on soon after.

Torre del Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
2,940 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tripadviser no longer publish honest reviews?

Undoubtedly some owners and staff do try to get reviews of their own places onto tripadvisor, which TA discourages. It is possible that your own reviews were too indepth and thought to have your interest in them. Hotel reviews are usually best written in a holiday report, without too much detail.

Crieff, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tripadviser no longer publish honest reviews?

I sent a report on a cruise on Ventura which never appeared! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm - maybe you are right!

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
91 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tripadviser no longer publish honest reviews?

It would have to be a new development as I did a review in April which was printed

Rochester, United...
Level Contributor
425 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tripadviser no longer publish honest reviews?

I think this must be just an oversight, I've written several reveiws, mostly positve experiences, and the occasional negative, but every single one has been published. Part of the joy of TA is it's impartiality and I hope this will continue. For me TA is the only review site worth its salt, and I have got obsessive to the point where I check out a hotel and its location on TA before booking anything- it has sometimes put me, and has occasionally thrown up the odd gem I wouldnt have otherwise considered.

Contact TA and ask what might have happened to your review, and they should comment on what has happened to it.

Suzie

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,000 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tripadviser no longer publish honest reviews?

From what I can tell, people are publishing their reviews in the forums - how many start or are titled 'just back' or similar?

London, United...
Level Contributor
427 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tripadviser no longer publish honest reviews?

sometimes it takes weeks for a review to appear. Have you received an email "Thank you for review"?

if not maybe try to repost...

TA staff doesn't have any interest in not posting them.

I have posted some pretty negative reviews and they all got published.

Dunstable, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tripadviser no longer publish honest reviews?

I completed a review of a town and the studio I stayed in,plus photos, it appeared on my page as "pending" and then disappeared with no email from Trip Advisor !

London, United...
Level Contributor
427 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tripadviser no longer publish honest reviews?

Does this studio has any previous reviews? If you have privately rented it then I think it's not possible to review holiday lettings(cottages, villas etc.) yet... :-(

I have read it somewhere that TA is onto it and it will be available at some point.

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tripadviser no longer publish honest reviews?

It is annoying when you've taken the time to try and help poeple, but don't take it too personally. I posted a review (90% positive) and that disappeared. Posted the very same comments on the forum and no problem whatsoever.

Could be an oversight, could that your review was up temporarily and some strange individual on here reported it. TA is not infallible to these sort of people. Try again, but post it on this thread so we can all see.

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira