We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A nice place to stay

Northants
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Topic
A nice place to stay

Hi am thinking about going to albufeira in august. Don't want anything too lively. Just a pleasant area with shops, a nice walk in the evening. Can anyone suggest a nice place to stay.

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: A nice place to stay

This isnt near the old town but there's a bus stop right outside and costs just 1,10E. Stayed in the Forte da Oura hotel apts and I'd recommend it. Just a 10 minute walk from the strip, but far enough away from the noise. Apartments are spacious and nice, you can get ITV and BBC1 if you like the soaps ;) I think the buses run til about 10.

I was pleasantly surprised by the place, plenty to see and do. I was expecting some boring place with a few shops! I miss it, and will be going again.

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: A nice place to stay

That's another vote for the area of Santa Eulalia / Praia Da Oura!

cityzen123
12 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: A nice place to stay

Montechero is a nice quiet corner of Albufeira. There are a number of apartment complexes in the area and it's just a short taxi ride away from Albufeira's famous 'strip' of bars, restaurants and shops. It would probably work out a lot cheaper for you to rent a car though, you say you're travelling with a group-if you all pitch in, you'll get a bargain. It works out cheaper to book with a broker site such as http://www.arguscarhire.com/. I stayed in Montechero a few year's ago and I found it to be the perfect base for getting to the beach and the lively nightspots and restaurants.

northumberland
Level Contributor
281 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: A nice place to stay

Hi, have a look on www.algarvegetaways.com I have booked with Barbara who runs the company and everything is 1st class. I stayed in solario de san jose which is up from the worms roundabout.

You could here a pin drop at night so quiete and that was in August.

Sue.

15. Re: A nice place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, October 10, 2009