We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hi there help needed!!!! Albufeira virgins ha!

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
county durham
6 posts
Save Topic
Hi there help needed!!!! Albufeira virgins ha!

Hi gang

Myself and my friend will be heading out on the 20 th of july and just wanted some tips really

Never been to albufiera before but heard great reports we are mainly out for the sunderland football but also want to live it up so to speak!

We are satying in the hotel boa vista looks decent on the website has anyone stayed or seen it before?

Also is the hotel within walking distance of the famous strip?

We know we are metres from the old town which is meant to be good!

Ive been to the likes of malaga before and was just wondering is it like that or is the a better class of people and not all scumbags here!

Also do bars rung along the beach or have you got to go into the towns to get to them!

What is prices like when you get over is it decent for food and drink?

also planning a dya out at the water park and just wondering which one is best

cheers might see you soon!

isle of wight
Level Contributor
323 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hi there help needed!!!! Albufeira virgins ha!

Hi mate, I was there last yr and had a great time.

"The Strip" is a bit like Blackpool but with crackin weather! Plenty bars and places to eat, and defo a better class of scumbag than Malaga......Actually Id didnt see any scumbags, it was ok!

The old town is a lot better if you want to feel like you are actually in the Algarve, rather than Blackpool.....

There are some lovely places to eat on Fishermans beach in the old town, and around the old square.

The prices werent too bad a bit cheaper than England, but this yr who knows, the euro is crap!

Im off to Rhodes and apparently is well expensive now, so my plastic friends will get a hammering!

Slide an Splash is a wicked waterpark, the best one, book locally though, the reps rip you off!

Hav a great time

Fitz...Ha'way the lads...(Im origionally from Sunderland).............LOL

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hi there help needed!!!! Albufeira virgins ha!

Hi there

Unless you fancy a good 30min walk (which is fine but then think about the heat!) you'll need to get a cab or the tourist train to the Strip.

The Strip goes from Praia da Oura beach right up to the Hotel Montechoro.

Just past the Hotel Montechoro is the Montechoro Park, home to the massive Erin's Isle and other bars and restaurants, and there's also a public pool which is very nice.

The top end of the Strip (near the Hotel Montechoro) isn't as manic as the rest, and has many really good restaurants: The Cottage, Chor Bar, Silk, Mr Menu, Blues BarII / Garfolandia (great food and ideal prices for people on a budget ) to name a few.

There's also some good bars up that end too - again - Chor Bar, Sinatra's, The Accordian, The 60's Bar (our favourite) and many more.

There's also a big sports shop up there that may be of interest to you young men.

Further down the Strip is much more lively, again, with a varied selection of bars and restaurants. There's the touristy shops and some decent ones too.

As we stay in the area of Santa Eulalia now, we don't bother with the Strip as much now, (except for the odd meal and to meet up with old friends/locals) but I sure wouldn't put it on par with Blackpool.

Having friends who live in Blackpool, I frequent there quite often (at least once a month)

Those of you who say the Strip is like Blackpool - do you ever actually go to / have you ever been to Blackpool (especially lately) I wonder...

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hi there help needed!!!! Albufeira virgins ha!

It is alot cleaner and more friendly than Blackpool too.

4. Re: Hi there help needed!!!! Albufeira virgins ha!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, October 01, 2009