We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timers to Albufeira

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kent
4 posts
Save Topic
First timers to Albufeira

Hi guys/gals,

We are a couple in our mid twenties and are travelling to Albufeira in mid july. We would love any tips/advice on how to make the most of our trip from anyone in the know!! Best restaurants/bars/day trips etc etc!!!

Any help/advice gratfully recieved!!!!

Notts
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timers to Albufeira

Me and my partner went to Albuferia 2 years ago with another couple and had a fab time. We use to go to Linekars bar and cafe del mar on the strip. We went to coconuts bar which had diferent shows on every night, the hypnotist was excellent. There are plenty of good bars further down the strip so you shouldnt be stuck for nights out.

The old town was also a good night out, we went there and back on the mini train that runs round the resort.

There is an indian just over the road from linekars bar which was lovely.

We went to both waterparks and found that Aqualand was the best out of both, if you like things that you should have a day out there, its great fun.

We are going back to Albuferia on 23rd June and we cant wait.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timers to Albufeira

Hi Yammoafc and welcome to the forum!

There's just loads (and I mean loads!) of bars and restaurants in Albufeira, based in and around the Strip, the Old Town and Santa Eulalia/Praia Da Oura (at the end of the strip and turn left.)

(Everyone has their favourites - the fun is finding them! ;-))

Days out can be booked usually at your hotel/apartment reception, or at one of the many ticket agencies dotted about the area.

Shop about for the prices of the day trips, as they can vary (dependent I suppose on the commission charged by the place selling them.)

The best thing I can suggest is that you take some time and have a read of this forum (it's worth going back a few pages)

It's a mine of information. :-)

If you want any info on any bars or restaurants close to your hotel or apartment, just let us know the name of the place you are staying. :-)

Hope this is of some help. :-)

newcastle
Level Contributor
281 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First timers to Albufeira

was in linekers one dinner time it was scruffy toilets disgusting stay away from there,otherwise agree with others also get the maps that are outside some of the bars mentioned one for the strip and one for the old town i found these invaluable in march for wandering about. where are you staying as the strip and the old town are some distance to walk

Kent
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First timers to Albufeira

Hi everyone and thanks for the responses/advice. We are staying at club de albufeira apartments, has anyone had any experince with the place??

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First timers to Albufeira

Hi Yammo,

Is it Club Albufeira you are staying in?

(Can't find or recall Club de Albufeira, sorry.)

If it is Club Albufeira, it's close to the Old Town, which isn't where we stay, so I can't help you - sorry mate.

I would just say though, if you are looking through the forum, (and if you are searching the net) take particular notice of anything that mentions the Old Town.

Sorry I've been pretty useless on this one... :-(

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
836 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First timers to Albufeira

My boyfriend and I flying out on 19th June for 2 weeks. Both also in our mid 20s and can't wait.

Staying in Perola Do Algarve apts. Are there any decent places nearby for a breakfast?

Thanks.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First timers to Albufeira

Don't know those apartments, sorry.

But I'm sure there'll be loads of good "brekkie" places nearby.

Have a great holiday!

8. Re: First timers to Albufeira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, October 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira