We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant for family get together

Waterford
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant for family get together

Hi,

We are getting married in Portugal in June and we want to bring our families out for dinner the night they arrive in Portugal. We are staying in Albufeira and i would prefer to eat in the Old Town. There will be around 25 of us with two children. We are paying so don't want anything too pricey we are not all fish lovers either. I want somewhere to impress. Was thinking of one of those restaurants next to the snoopy bar at the beach??? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,181 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant for family get together

In January some friends bought 15 of their relatives etc over for a 50th birthday and we all had a very good long and late lunch at a place called Prazeres. This is just off the old town square in the Rua Alves Correia just past Bank, Bravo etc etc.

They did take the precaution of going there beforehand for a test meal, then making sure that the party could be catered for on the day in question. The place probably only holds about 30 people in total.

Prices were very reasonable (my friends were also paying!) and rather less than many of the places down by the seafront I have to say.

Other recommendations from people I know would include Casa Madereirense (the Old Spot) which is a little further up the same road and Tasca do Viega (spelling?) which is at the seafront.

Waterford
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant for family get together

Ok thank you

3. Re: Restaurant for family get together

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, September 23, 2009