We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self catering holiday

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vale of glam South...
Level Contributor
62 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Self catering holiday

Going to Algarve on the 4th May staying in Tropical Sol apartments, I always go self catering as hubby fussy what he eats, so can anone tell me what to expect in the way of utensils in the kitchen? We have one bedroom apartment so it should be ok. Thanx for any feedback.

leeds UK
Level Contributor
145 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Self catering holiday

I`d quite like to know too.

If no one responds and i remember or email me i go on the 12th April and come back 25th April so i can let you know.

Thanks

Vale of glam South...
Level Contributor
62 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Self catering holiday

Hi a19617 will look forward to hearing from you on the Tropical Sol aparts. have a great holiday.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Self catering holiday

i stayed in these apparentments last year and they were a really good size. Theres a kitchen and a dining area and sofa area (and a huge balcony)

they had an electric hob only (no cooker or grill), toaster, microwave, fridge, frying pan which i think was non stick but cant quite remember, large pan (for making pasta / rice size)... quite a few plates, crockery, glasses (wine and normal ones) and cups etc...

they had knives and stuff to chop and a chopping board (i think). There was enought for us to be happy and cooked a few times.

There is a gorgeous bakery just round the corner of the hotel (which does nice fresh baked bread and cakes and stuff).

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Self catering holiday

Dottilind, what sort of food does your hubby like?

I only ask because there are just so many different types of restaurants offering various types of food (there is even a Sushi place) as well as the many English places.

If English grub is his ideal, try Annabels.

The food there is lovley, freshly prepared and cooked by the lovely Nicky and her mum.

And great prices too!

Have a great holiday.

Vale of glam South...
Level Contributor
62 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Self catering holiday

Hi Amanda060, thanks for info annabels sounds great, we will certainly try it out. Thanx again. dottilind

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Self catering holiday

My pleasure Dottilind. :-)

7. Re: Self catering holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, September 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira