We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport transfer

Sutton, Ontario
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
airport transfer

Will be arriving Faro airport end of March. I'm looking to book on line transfers to our hotel, the CPO. Has anyone tried www.low-cost-transfer.com? If so, were they reliable. They seem to be the cheapest at 27.70 Eros for 2 of us. This amount quoted for a return trip. Also is it cheaper to rent a car online than to hire one once we arrive.

Algarve
Level Contributor
162 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport transfer

That's cheap... Usually to Albufeira a transfer is approx 30€ one way ( You sure that's return ??)

usually Online its cheaper to rent a car as you cut out the middle man however sometimes they do good offers locally pay 3 get 4 etc.

Bom Voyage!!

liverpool
Level Contributor
853 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport transfer

hi there, we stayed in cpo in november, we prebooked out transfers through travel republic at a total cost of £28 return for 2no adults

Wigan England
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport transfer

Try Shuttle Direct they are very good and I used them a few years ago.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: airport transfer

Just to let you know i think the 27.70 is GBP and not euros as you stated in your post. I know this because i've booked a transfer for April to CPO and this was the cost.

Kind Regards

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport transfer

We have used both these companies and both are very good.

http://followmetours.net/transfers.htm

27euros each way.

algarvetransfersdirect.com/en/transfer-price…

32 euros each way

Sutton, Ontario
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: airport transfer

thank you all for your imput. L0w-cost-transfer.com was definetly quoted as 27.70 euros for 2 adults return. I would like to hear from anyone who has used their service.

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airport transfer

Best to check that quote again Saltydog - just to be on the safe side.

Have a great holiday.

Portimao, Portugal
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airport transfer

This is from their site:

Transfer for Albufeira served by Faro Airport.

You have chosen a Shuttle Bus for 2 adult(s), a total of 2 passenger(s).

This will cost you a total of £27,70 for a return journey.

Please not that "shuttle bus" means you could be kept waiting for others to come in off another flight. Hence why it gives an "approx" transfer time of one hour.

9. Re: airport transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, September 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira