We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice hotel in albufeira

New York City
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
nice hotel in albufeira

i've been doing a lot of research on the algarve for my vacation next month, but can't seem to narrow down on a hotel. i've narrowed down to wanting to stay in albufeira as i'm a new yorker and would be too bored in the other algarve towns.

i'm looking for a nice hotel / resort that is a little away from the strip, but not too far away. cleanliness and a pool is a must. most of the highly recommended accommodations in the area are aparthotels. since i will not be cooking, i dont think an aparthotel will do. the sheraton and le meridien are too expensive. hotel montechoro appears a bit shabby...

any recommendations? thanks in advance!

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
797 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nice hotel in albufeira

My parents have had an appartment in front of Hotel Montechoro and we used to use the pool (they had it opened to non costumers, it was payed). Although the pool was great (20 years ago) the hotel didnt look wonderful, too big and too far from the beach. From Montechoro you always have to take a car to the beach and depending on the season it can get a bit stressy to find a parking space and all that. I wouldn't recomend staying in Montechoro, too many people and specially too far from the beach. Unless you're traveling for nightlife, then it can be a good option, lots of nightlife.

It's the more agitated and touristic part of the Algarve.

I'm afraid I can't give you any suggestions, though, 'cause I never really stay there.

Portugal
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: nice hotel in albufeira

Hi,

Why not look on the website of Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort & Hotel Spa. It looks great, very near to the St.Eulalia beach (beautiful beach!!) There is also a nightclub ( Le Club).

Or look on the website of Club Praia da Oura (CPO) Also next to the beach (Praia da Oura) en nearby a good healthcentre (IHC) if you need them.

Also great is the Ponta Grande resort. At the sesmarias area.

Enjoy your stay.

England
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: nice hotel in albufeira

Club Praia da Oura definately!! Right next to the beach, great facilities - sauna jacuzzis gym etc, beautiful apartments and close to the strip, but far enough away from the noise.

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira