We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping in vale de parra

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
shopping in vale de parra

Hi,

Im staying in a villa in Vale de Parra in Oct 2018, Was wondering if was there a new Aldi there. I see it advertised online but don't see it on google maps

Cheers

8 replies to this topic
East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
105 reviews
1. Re: shopping in vale de parra

I've got it showing on Google maps?? But there certainly wasn't anything there four/five weeks ago?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
58,103 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: shopping in vale de parra

There are (or were) two other supermarkets in the village but like the previous poster I have never seen or heard of an ALDI there. There are at least three other ALDI's not more than 3 or 4 miles away In Albufeira, Alcantarilha and near Guia opposite Algarve Shopping.

Their website makes no mention of it I can see. Seems a bit off to put it on Google maps when it isn't even open and when you click on it there is a picture of a field!

East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
105 reviews
3. Re: shopping in vale de parra

Advertised on line - Can you possibly post a link?

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
707 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: shopping in vale de parra

I can tell you that there is definitely no Aldi in Vale de Parra. I live near there and go through the village almost daily and have not seen one, or seen anything to indicate that there is one to be built.

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
83 reviews
5. Re: shopping in vale de parra

I wouldn't bother with Aldi.. it's not the same as you would get in England..we popped into the one in albuferia.. basic things like salt & pepper or tomato sauce or tin tomatoes they don't stock it's mainly catered for Portuguese.. unless it's fish you are after..lydl would be much better.

East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
105 reviews
6. Re: shopping in vale de parra

I am reliably informed that the groundworks started this week are for a new Aldi store, just south of the donkey roundabout.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
58,103 posts
41 reviews
7. Re: shopping in vale de parra

That will put the other two out of business! One to keep an eye on but ALDI here is very basic.

East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
105 reviews
8. Re: shopping in vale de parra

I think the Favorita north of the roundabout has already closed or is due to close, will try to drive past this week and confirm. The whole area around the other is changing anyway, the nearby car park has practically gone, now apartments. Though it would be a real shame if it affects Oceano/Spar.

Reply to: shopping in vale de parra
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira