We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Albufeira in January new told and old town An weather

Liverpool, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Albufeira in January new told and old town An weather

I am going to albufeira at the end of January what is the weather like An what is new town and old town like?

5 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
56,779 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Albufeira in January new told and old town An weather

Like? Well if it is busy tourist bars and clubs you are looking for, almost everywhere like that will be closed. In fact last night in the old town square only 2 of the eight or nine places were open at 730pm when I walked through on my way to a bar to watch the football. Places that we residents use are of course open. A lot of tourist bars and eateries will open for Christmas and New Year. After that they mostly close again until Easter.

Weather? Just search 'weather averages Albufeira' and you see the numbers. It does rain here sometimes, it has just stopped raining now. Normally it's showers rather than endless hours of it.

Edited: 7:47 am, December 14, 2017
Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
166 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Albufeira in January new told and old town An weather

Should be similar to today. Normally about 15degC in the day, sunny and fairly dry throughout the month.

Evenings can be chilly though especially as a lot of properties aren't very well insulated so make sure you've got heating of some kind.

Old town and new are quite different although both will be very quiet in January. Old town has more restaurants and narrow streets with shops etc, while New has more bars and clubs. Both can be fun though!

Kildare
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Albufeira in January new told and old town An weather

Chloe I think the answers to your question "Albufeira Strip January" posted on 30th November will give you all the information you need.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
7,294 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Albufeira in January new told and old town An weather

Actually, Albufeira is a bit bigger than just old town and the strip (which people call new town) .. as you can see from Cubsur`s expandable map www.algarvebus.info/images/roundabouts.jpg

You need to take 2 hours on the giro circuits and do a fair bit of walking to see it ...

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
7,294 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Albufeira in January new told and old town An weather

You could look for places like these ... this on Cerro Branco, above old town, near Town Hall ..

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Rev…

or this one beside Dolphins roundabout ..

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Rev…

Reply to: Albufeira in January new told and old town An weather
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira