We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoppa Transfers

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Hoppa Transfers

Received an Email today stating our transfer company has chance to Escudo Tours (Algarve). Anyone any experience of these? Not alot of info online about them I just wondered if anyone knew why they had changed.

Regards John x

19 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoppa Transfers

I have used Hoppa Transfers in both Spain & Portugal .... thankfully I have never encountered any problems ... Excellent Service ...

Wyre
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoppa Transfers

Hoppa may have sacked Greenbus then, there were loads of complaints about Greenbus and I know through experience it was Total Chaos outside Faro Airport as people queued for ages awaiting their drivers. The poor Lady on the Computer and manning the phones was under that much pressure I was fully expecting her to collapse. Certainly doesn`t get paid enough to put up with all the abuse she was receiving from irate tourists

Otley, United...
Level Contributor
345 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hoppa Transfers

Very interesting, we have had to move our dates by 1 week in November, due to falling foul of Monarch, had to cancel our original booking, with Hoppa and rebook, and as original post it has changed to the same supplier, any information would be great guys

Level Contributor
9 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hoppa Transfers

Used Escudo tours (provided by Hoppa) yesterday and the transfer was as good as ever. Paid for shuttle but got a private transfer. Always worth remembering in the quiet months, deffo not worth shelling out for anything quicker than a normal transfer unless you’re absolutely in a rush and need a guarantee!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hoppa Transfers

I got an email to say they can’t drop me at address provided anymore, they suggested a different address 6 min walk away but it is a dangerous walk so I have suggested another, now you come to mention it , it does say Escudo tours

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
166 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hoppa Transfers

Intrigued to know (if you dont mind me asking) where do you mean its dangerous? Everywhere always seems pretty safe to me

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hoppa Transfers

I mean where they want to drop me off I then have to walk along a road with no pavement in the dark

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
166 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hoppa Transfers

Oh yes i see! Not good

East east east...
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hoppa Transfers

Just used Greenbus for our transfers(shared shuttle), and after reading some of the things on Tripadvisor, I was a bit dubious. Have to say though, apart from having to wait 20 mins at the airport, they were spot on and no problems at all....I can imagine it might be a bit different at the height of the season tho!!

Fleetwood, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hoppa Transfers

20 minute wait is not acceptable in the busy season after one has forked out cash for a prompt transfer. 20 minutes wait in close season is nothing short of scandalous

Reply to: Hoppa Transfers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira