We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help choosing 4* all-inclusive resort

London, United...
Level Contributor
455 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Need help choosing 4* all-inclusive resort

We've decided to celebrate my husband's 30th b'day with a 5 night stay in The Algarve from April 29th-May 4th.

Having previously decided on Amsterdam, we're now having to start from scratch with planning and I was hoping for some help as we''d like to book asap.

Our budget is £400pp and we'd like a 4* all- inclusive resort. Ideally with both an indoor/outdoor pool and not too far from a beach. Ideally we don't want a resort swarming with screaming, excitable kids either (wishful thinking perhaps).

Would the time we're looking to go be considered as low season?? I'm expecting it to be a little busy maybe due to the long bank holiday wkend which will be taking place in the UK.

A resort which makes accessing the night-life in the town fairly easy would be great too - we are celebrating after all, so a night on the town wouldn't go amiss.

Are we asking for too much? Which resorts would you recommend from experience?

Thank you in advance :-)

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Olhos de Agua
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help choosing 4* all-inclusive resort

Hi,

There aren´t many all innclusive Hotels in Algarve and there are much more expensive than others Hotels with only breakfast and Halboard. Seems to me that 400 ponds for 4 couln´t be enought.

I send you a few all inclusive hotels:

ALBUFEIRA: ( both in Olhos de Agua village and 10 minutes by car to Albufeira oldtown )

Riu Guarana ( the best )

Club Humbria ( cheaper but not so good and near Riu Guarana )

VILAMOURA;

D. Pedro Hotel ( very nice locacion, on the beach and 2 minutes walking to marina )

TAVIIRA:

Golden Club ( nice resort but basic foods )

If you decide don´t choose an all inclusive I advise you this hotels:

VILAGALE CERRO ALAGOA

HOTEL QUINTA PEDRA DOS BICOS

REAL BELLAVISTA

CLUB PRAIA DA OURA

This 4 hotels are in Albufeira with excellent locacion

VILAGALE MARINA or VILAGALE AMPALLIUS

DON PEDRO MARINA

CROWN

This 3 hotels are in Vilamoura with excellent locacion, on the beach and in marina

Maybe at this time of the year, better choose Albufeira area, is more buzy and small beaches are not so windy like Vilamoura beach.

Let me know if you need more help.

Leonor

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help choosing 4* all-inclusive resort

I would second the opinion that Riu Gurana is the best A/i in the Algarve but you wont get away from kids especially at a weekend when many spanish families arrive, far better to go next door on h/b basis to the more luxurious Riu Palace Algarve much more adult orientated book direct on www.riu.com for best deals

London, United...
Level Contributor
455 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help choosing 4* all-inclusive resort

Thank you for your recommendations. I'l go through them all tomorrow evening when I have time.

I foundquite a few 4* rated resorts for under £400ppm for a five day stay on fleetwaytravel.com, which a friend uses all the time and recommended to me today.

Hoping the prices don't fly up tomorrow with it being the 1st April.

Many thanks again ;-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
455 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help choosing 4* all-inclusive resort

Annoyingly prices shot up at approx 4pm yesterday, and I was up until 3:30am this morning looking for flights which I eventually booked for £141 each.

I know we can get a cheap all inclusive but think we may just fork out £263pp half board for Apts. Balaia Atlantico as my husband can be fussy when it comes to hotel quality and it looks pretty good.

We're now going for 7 nights instead of 5.

Thanks again for all your help.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Olhos de Agua
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help choosing 4* all-inclusive resort

Hi,

Balaia Atlantico Apartments are new and very nice. It Is between Olhos De Agua Village and Oura beach / Albufeira oldtown.

I advise you that is not o the beach and there aren´t restaurants and bars near, is more a residencial area. There are bus stop near and taxi to Albufeira coast more and less 10€ each trip. I´m not sure i this apartments has free cortesy bus to beach and Albufeira...

I hope you enjoy your holidays!

Leonor

6. Re: Need help choosing 4* all-inclusive resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, October 25, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Algarve