We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lisbon to Algarve / Car Hire at Tunes Train Station

Guelph, Ontario...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Lisbon to Algarve / Car Hire at Tunes Train Station

Hello,

I'm travelling to the Algarve from Lisbon for 4 nights.

We are trying to figure out a car hire for the time we are there but we keep seeing the pick is at the Faro Airport, no mention of Tunes Train Station where we will be getting off from the Lisbon train.

We are staying in Albufeira for the time there and interested in Algarvedriver.com for their services.

Any other recommendations?

Thank you!

cwo

Mentioned in this post
Algarve
Algarve
Portugal
Lisbon
Lisbon
Lisbon District, Portugal
Faro Airport
Faro Airport
Faro, Portugal
Albufeira
Albufeira
Faro District, Portugal
5 replies to this topic
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
23,775 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lisbon to Algarve / Car Hire at Tunes Train Station

no mention of Tunes Train Station where we will be getting off from the Lisbon train - because Tunes is a tiny little place with no such services...

Mentioned in this post
Lisbon
Lisbon
Guelph, Ontario...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lisbon to Algarve / Car Hire at Tunes Train Station

Hello,

Thank you for this and I've corrected here - the station we are likely to get off is Ferreiras station in the Algarve. Just trying to figure out coordination of car hire pickup. Are they willing to pick up customers at the train stops?

I got confused as some people keep bringing up Tunes as a stop.

Thanks!

cwo

Mentioned in this post
Ferreiras
Ferreiras
Albufeira, Portugal
Algarve
Algarve
Portugal
Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
6,775 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lisbon to Algarve / Car Hire at Tunes Train Station

There are many threads about car hire (and scams) in Portugal ... this one involves the company you quote

and the company they use for car hire

https:/…56978857

You would be well advised to get to your hotel by taxi from Albufeira-Ferreiras and have the hotel arrange for

a hire car ... this will be the most convenient for you as you are unlikely to use it on your first day here, or on your last. The taxi fare should be between 10-12 euros ... a 10 min run.

If you are not using a hotel ... there are many local car rental companies .. and very reliable if you wish to divulge more info about your location.

Mentioned in this post
Albufeira
Albufeira
Faro District, Portugal
Ferreiras
Ferreiras
Albufeira, Portugal
Guelph, Ontario...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lisbon to Algarve / Car Hire at Tunes Train Station

Hello,

Thank you for the information and much appreciated!

We are staying at a AirBNB near the Old Town in Albufeira. I've been made aware of the car hire / scams going on in Portugal so trying to be proactive in - researching ahead and also booking ahead so we can ensure a good price. We will be arriving on a Friday from Lisbon and leaving on Tuesday so really just need a car hire for the Sunday / Monday to tour around. We would pick it up on Saturday to have it ready for the Sunday / Monday drives. I've been in contact with Zitauto as well. They are located at the Faro airport.

Cheers,

cwo

Mentioned in this post
Albufeira
Albufeira
Faro District, Portugal
Lisbon
Lisbon
Faro Airport
Faro Airport
Faro, Portugal
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
54,527 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lisbon to Algarve / Car Hire at Tunes Train Station

Europcar have a garage in Albufeira old town which I walk past several times each week. If you take a taxi into town from Albufeira - Ferreiras station as advised, you would have only a short walk on Saturday morning to collect a car.

Address : Rua.Dr. Diogo Leote,6, 8200-121, Albufeira, Portugal.

Contact Telefone: +351 (289) 512444 Fax: +351 (289) 586400 or via their website. Open 0830 to 1900 daily.

Also, I must mention that parking in most of Albufeira's old town centre is virtually impossible even now, let alone later in the summer. You must be prepared to park a short distance out and do some walking unless your Airbnb has private parking. Here's a map - www.algarvebus.info/images/abfcentre.gif

Mentioned in this post
Albufeira
Albufeira
Faro District, Portugal
Ferreiras
Ferreiras
Albufeira, Portugal
Reply to: Lisbon to Algarve / Car Hire at Tunes Train Station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted