We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evora to Albufiera

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
149 posts
190 reviews
Save Topic
Evora to Albufiera

We are 4 adults who will be traveling to Portugal in October 2014. We are planning 4 nights in Sintra, Lisbon area then making our way down to Albufiera in the Algarve. WE would like to stop in Evora on our way to the Albufiera. We have 3 nights to get to the Algarve. We will not have a car. My question is is 2 nights enough time in Evora, and is there an intermediate stop on the way to the Algarve to break up that trip? Good train/bus connections would be a consideration.

Thank you

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,174 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Evora to Albufiera

2 nights will be sufficient for a first visit to Evora. For a stop between Evora and the Algarve you could have a look at Beja. From Evora to Beja you could take the train or a bus. From Beja on to the Algarve it would be a bus: http://www.rede-expressos.pt/default.aspx

Edited: 3:57 pm, August 04, 2014
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,945 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evora to Albufiera

Évora is a very interesting place, Two nights (with just one full day??) might not be quite enough.

There are direct long distance buses between Évora and Albufeira. See www.rede-expressos.pt for times and tickets. The site is available in English and offers print at home tickets or they can sent to a suitable mobile device. The trip takes just over 3 hours and traverses a largely empty area of countryside. No need to break that journey, indeed nowhere I can think of where I would want to!

The rail route is indirect and sometimes involves a long wait at a dismal station en route when transferring between trains. If you want to see those times and fares, go to www.cp.pt - the site is in English if you click the little flag icon at the top of the page next to where it says 'Acesso Rápido'. Seat Reservation is compulsory and again the system offers print at home tickets or they can be sent to a suitable mobile device. A 40% discount is available on many trains if tickets are purchased more than 5 days in advance.

I hope that helps.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,945 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evora to Albufiera

PS I trust you are aware that the bus station in Albufeira is a mile out of town and the railway station nearly four miles out. You will almost certainly be needing taxis to get to your hotel, which is...?

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
149 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Evora to Albufiera

Sorry for the delay in replying to your post. Thank you very much

We will be staying at the Oura -view Beach Club . We'll be arriving in Ablufiera via bus from Evora and will take a taxi to the Oura View as you suggest.

5. Re: Evora to Albufiera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, October 06, 2015