We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cork Harvest -- will july be too late?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
355 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Cork Harvest -- will july be too late?

I would very much like to see cork harvest, but I'm not sure if my travels bring me to Portugal too late. I arrive in Lisbon July 12 and I have some flexibility in my travel schedule. I'm having trouble identifying where I might see the cork harvest (if it is still occurring in July) or at least where I might be able to walk through larger stands of cork trees.

I've searched the forums and still having trouble with precise locations. I'v seen mention of cork forests north of Lisbon, those along the Tejo River and perhaps something in Aziaruja, but exact locations or contacts seem elusive.

Any advice or suggestions folks have is much appreciated.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
355 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cork Harvest -- will july be too late?

Thanks for the tip about the hat -- I'm pretty fair complected, so I never leave home without one!

12. Re: Cork Harvest -- will july be too late?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 02, 2015