We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evora

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,821 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Evora

From what I have read you can cover most of the sights in this town in a day. Is it worth an overnight? Good restaurants?

York, England
Level Contributor
246 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evora

It's worth spending an overnight - we recommend Residencial Diana and also the one just opposite it, just abovethe main square (I've forgotten its name).

We did not like the Evora Pousada - the rooms were far too small.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,821 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evora

Thanks. I have decided to stay overnight. The Hotel Caruxa looks interesting. It sems to have a swimming pool and the property backs on the city wall. Is that the hotel you were recommending?

Lisbon
Level Contributor
144 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evora

Hotel da Cartuxo seems very nice. Is you have a car, make sure you go to Monsaraz.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
487 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Evora

Evora (UNESCO world heritance) and its surrounds surelly deserves an entire day and to stay overnight.

Hotel da Cartuxa is nice, but personally I prefer the "Pousada dos Loios", an ancient convent, for its location, historical and architectural background.

Two restaurants not to miss are "O Fialho" and "1/4 para as 9" (a quarter to nine).

As you probably are driving, don't miss "Monsaraz", tiny beautiful medieval village on the top of a hill, some 40 Km from Evora.