We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marvao or monsaraz - which one is more interesting?

edmonton
1 post
Save Topic
marvao or monsaraz - which one is more interesting?

Hi!,

we will be in Protugal at the biginning of May and are planning to drive around Alentajo for a couple of days. I heard good things about both Marvao and Monsaraz, but I am afraid we will not have time to visit both ... which one is more interesting and worth visiting? Please advise ..

thanks,

Monika

Lisbon
Level Contributor
144 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: marvao or monsaraz - which one is more interesting?

They are both impressive. On a sunny day I would choose Monsaraz, and Marvao on a foggy day.

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,585 posts
876 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: marvao or monsaraz - which one is more interesting?

I have been to Marvao a couple of times but never Monsaraz, though I have heard good things about it. We love Marvao, and the good thing about it is that is close to Castelo de Vide which is also well worth a visit.

belfast
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: marvao or monsaraz - which one is more interesting?

Female,travelling alone, hoping to spending a night each in Marvao, Evora and ? Castelo de Vide. Any advice on anything, particularly safety and local transport. Thanks

Castelo de Vide
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: marvao or monsaraz - which one is more interesting?

All the places are very safety. It’s not worth to spend one night in Marvão and other in Castelo de Vide, they are very near (10 km). You’ll find more lodging choices in Castelo de Vide than in Marvão (check Hotel Sol e Serra or Hotel Garcia d’Orta). Local transport it’s a problem … simply don’t exists. Best way is to rent a car.

5. Re: marvao or monsaraz - which one is more interesting?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, September 26, 2009