We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lisbon to Algarve via Evora?

9 posts
Save Topic
Lisbon to Algarve via Evora?

Hello all-

We are planning on driving from Lisbon to the Algarve (specifically Lagos) and I've heard so many great things about Evora and did not want to miss it. If we leave Lisbon early, would it be possible to hit Evora (2 hour driving time?) then continue south to the Algarve into Lagos. Good idea or will it just make for one loooongggg day??

Alentejo, Portugal
Level Contributor
420 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lisbon to Algarve via Evora?

If a single day it's all you have to spare with Évora, it is still very worth it, it is a city that's a UNESCO World Heritage Site, one of the best preserved and truly beautiful. But the city itself and the surrounding area deserve much more, since the Alentejo region is one of the more "intact" zones of Portugal and even Europe. From history (pre-history, romans, arabs, visigoths, medieval, renaissance...) to the winneries (some of the biggest in Portugal), to the beautiful Monsaraz, the Évora region as it all. Definitely worth at least staying for the next day, there are several good hotels in Évora and around.

Level Contributor
132 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lisbon to Algarve via Evora?

I agree with every word of AnArt27, so let me suggest you to visit also Monsaraz. But, so, you have to stay at Évora one night.

3. Re: Lisbon to Algarve via Evora?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, August 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Evora
Recent Conversations
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor