We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurants

Abernethy
Level Contributor
11 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Best Restaurants

We are visiting Evora for our 25th wedding anniversary. Could someone recommend some "" wow "" restaurants that I could take my wife.

Thanks

Ian

ÉVORA
Level Contributor
132 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Restaurants

Restaurante Fialho; Travessa Mascarenhas, 14

Telefone: 00351266 703 079;

Tasquinha do Oliveira - Rua Cândido dos Reis.

These are very, very good. But you have also

LUAR DE JANEIRO Travessa do Janeiro, 13

Telefone: 266 749 114

and

CAFÉ ALENTEJO

Rua do Raimundo, 5

Telefone: 266 706 296

If you want an excpcional day , and it is the 25th wedding anniversary, you must stay at

Convento do Espinheiro http://www.conventodoespinheiro.com/

Alentejo, Portugal
Level Contributor
420 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Restaurants

Botequim da Mouraria and especially Taberna do Quarta-Feira are great choices too;), but for a wedding anniversary Fialho, one of the best restaurants in Portugal, would be nice.

Abernethy
Level Contributor
11 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Restaurants

Yes we are staying at the convent it looks fantastic.

I will go with O Fialo but you are giving so many choices for another one.

If we go to O Fialo one night what would you recommend for the other so we do not go to someplace similar.

Thanks Ian

P.S. I am being told I must go to Monsaraz

ÉVORA
Level Contributor
132 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Restaurants

Yes, you must go to Monsaraz.

Then go to Restaurante Sem Fim.

I think it is a good option.

However, the restaurants that AnArt27 suggested are really good.

Alentejo, Portugal
Level Contributor
420 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Restaurants

From Évora go to Reguengos de Monsaraz, 38 km, there you can visit and taste the wines from some of the biggest and most famous winneries in Portugal, CARMIM and Esporão, among several other smaller.

Drive another 7 km in the direction of Monsaraz and you come across the village of S. Pedro do Corval, Portugal's largest traditional pottery center, there are more than 25 potteries, it's easy to find some of them on the main road.

Drive another 7 km and you'll be in Monsaraz, one of the best preserved medieval villages in Portugal, with an amazing landscape to admire from above, the biggest artificial lake in Europe, Alqueva Dam (you can take a boat ride across it).

In the vicinities of Monsaraz there are also some of the oldest megalithical monuments in the world, especially the 3 menhirs (tall stones) and the beautiful cromlech (stone circle) near the Convent of Orada, next to the village of Telheiro, situated on the foothill of Monsaraz. The Sem Fim restaurant, also a museum of olive oil (it was an old olive oil plant) and art gallery, it's in Telheiro. So, plenty of things to see and do, a good day trip to take from Évora. For more detailed info, there is a tourism office in Reguengos de Monsaraz and another in Monsaraz.

Enjoy!

Ontario
Level Contributor
821 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Restaurants

Regarding restaurants in Evora, we are looking for something good, but not extremely expensive, since we will be there the last day of our trip!. What would be our best bet?

Évora
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Restaurants

To taylorone:

I suggest you Restaurante 4ª Feira.

Ontario
Level Contributor
821 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Restaurants

OK, thanks. I'll look for it.

9. Re: Best Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, August 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Evora
Recent Conversations