We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where ?else to go and see/stayt in alentejo

London
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Where ?else to go and see/stayt in alentejo

Could somebody give me some advise please? Have booked three nights in Evora but have an extra 4 nights before we fly back. Not sure to spend another 2 nights in Evora at a different hotel or some other place in Alentejo? Was also thinking of spending a couple of nights in Lisbon also.Is 3 nights in Evora enough?

Any suggestions welcome?

Many thanks

Lonnie Liston Lover

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,160 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where ?else to go and see/stayt in alentejo

Will you have a car or would you need public transportation?

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
17,671 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where ?else to go and see/stayt in alentejo

If you have a car you can visit Monsaraz, Alqueva dam, Mourão, Estremoz, Vila Viçosa, Borba, Arraiolos, Évora-monte, Almendres cromlechs, just to mention places close to Évora.

Maplewood, NJ
Level Contributor
589 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where ?else to go and see/stayt in alentejo

3 nights in Evora is more than enough. We liked Monsaraz. I would say 3 days is good for Alejento region and I'd spend remaining time in Lisbon.

4. Re: Where ?else to go and see/stayt in alentejo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:11 pm, May 19, 2014
London
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where ?else to go and see/stayt in alentejo

Dear FTHW

Many thanks for your help. I am looking to hire a car for the period we will be in Portugal. .Staying in Albergaria do Calvario Evora for 3 nights.Not sure whether to stay in another part of Alentejo or not for the next 2 nights?

My intention was to end the trip in Lisbon for the last 2 nights before flying back.

Regards

Lonnie Liston Lover.

London
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where ?else to go and see/stayt in alentejo

Many thanks to all the senders for their help.

Regards

Lonnie Liston Lover

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,160 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where ?else to go and see/stayt in alentejo

It's good that you have a car so you have the freedom to explore. If you run out of ideas you could also spend a day in Merida (Spain), an Unesco World Heritage site. It's worth the trip.

I suggest that after your 3 nights in Evora you drive up north to Tomar and spend two nights. Tomar is also an Unesco World Heritage and there's a lot to see.

Besides there are the surrounding towns which are quite interesting.

Have a look at: www.golisbon.com/portugal/cities/tomar.html

http://goo.gl/maps/RBkEW

It's a good idea to come back to Lisbon and spend some time there. In Lisbon you don't need a car. Public transportation is very good and parking is not easy.

Have a nice trip!

London
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where ?else to go and see/stayt in alentejo

Dear FTHW

Many thanks for your advice

LLL

9. Re: Where ?else to go and see/stayt in alentejo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 14, 2015