We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alentejo adventure

Manchester
Level Contributor
24 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Alentejo adventure

Has anyone ever stayed here? Alentejo Adventure - Bed & Breakfast, Camping/Caravans, Offgrid, Eco Bell Tents

Portalegre (Alentejo). pureportugalholidays.com/listman/…l0093.html

Wondered what it was like and if it's worth a visit?

Or can anyone recommend where we should stay in this area of Portugal? I like the sound of this region. When we go away we like to stay in quiet resorts which are near a beach (by car is fine) and also have lots of sites to see. We also like tgo sample local food.

Thanks

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
419 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Alentejo adventure

I don't know Alentejo Adventure, but Portalegre is no where near a beach! It is about 250 Km of the nearest coastline and does not have any motorway. That said, it is a wonderfull place to stay if you love tranquility. Not in the city itself but in the nearby mountains of S. Mamede (Natural Park), in a rural accomodation or at one of the small charming villages around from which Marvão stands out by far. Lots to see and do but no beach, just some streams and the relatively close river Tejo. I think what you're looking for may be more in the Alentejo coast, maybe around Zambujeira do Mar, Odeceixe or Aljezur.

Manchester
Level Contributor
24 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alentejo adventure

Oh, Ok thanks, I will have a look at those places.

3. Re: Alentejo adventure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, February 02, 2011