I so appreciate all the help from DE on the forum so far. I have a few more questions about the train that I haven't figured out - my apologies if they have been addressed already and I've missed the answers.
1) What does Lugar de deficiente mean? I can get a literal translation, but I still don't know what it means. It is one of the preference options just before seat selection.
2) If I need to start at Coimbra Station, will my ticket from Coimbra-B get me on the train or will I need to buy another ticket? How much time should I allow to get from Coimbra Station to make my train to Porto that departs from Coimbra-B?
3) The 40% discount option does seem to be a real $ saver, but it says the tickets on non-refundable. If I miss my train or need to change my time of travel, does that mean buying a whole new ticket or just getting the ticket reissued and paying any fare difference?
4) Is a reservation required for the urban lines (i.e., Braga-Porto line) or can I just buy the ticket at the station that day?
5) I'm getting offers pretty regularly from CP now (i.e., window seat packages and Carristur bus package). Any suggestions about the merits/value of these packages? For example, the one for Coimbra lists several places that are "included" but they seem to be ones with free or very low admission charges anyway. (Side note: The newsletters and updates are in Portugese, but the upside is that it is helping familiarize me with the language even if I can't speak it).
Thanks for help and tips here and on previous postings.