We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

re: vayama and ryan air

Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
re: vayama and ryan air

Hello, I booked and paid for our one way tickets thru 3rd party vayama on ryan air on 12/27 for trip in early September. Ryan air is stating that they cannot find my reservation. Vayama is saying they sent it. They are both hard to get ahold of yet easily took my money. The latest status is Ryan Air

is saying that my contact info: billing address and phone number and even as far as saying last

4 of my credit card is not what they have on file and they cannot give me a secure check. I printed out vayama stuff and it all has all my info. Vayama did give me a different email address to use for this reservation so I can look up online and I see we have a "confirmed" status but when I look at the phone number for me it is showing "netherlands" I live in the USA. I have changed and hit "confirm" but everytime I go to double check it shows that I live in the netherlands? The tickets are now double priced plus I would have to eat what I already paid. Any ideas or suggestions? I have used vayama many times with absolutely no problems. I have never used Ryan Air. They both just keep telling to contact the the other. Way past frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have to have tickets on the specific day and they have limited airlines in the Azores! (I am needing to go from Ponta Delgada to Porto and may have to swim!)

Mentioned in this post
Azores
Azores
Portugal
Ponta Delgada
Ponta Delgada
Sao Miguel, Portugal
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
Likely To Sell Out
Douro Valley Small-Group Tour with...
900 Reviews
from $106.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Sintra and Cascais Small-Group Day...
1,107 Reviews
from $88.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Fátima, Nazaré, and Óbidos...
713 Reviews
from $88.40*
2 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
54,562 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: re: vayama and ryan air

Why on earth did you not book with Ryanair in the first place?

Your contract is with Vayama, whoever they may be. This is the big danger when using a 3rd party ticket seller. If they mess up your booking and cannot or will not speak with you, there is often nothing that the actual carrier (in this case Ryanair) can do about it.

How I wonder has your phone number, if entered correctly, been confused with one in the Netherlands? Netherlands numbers are 9 digits preceded by country code 31. US numbers are 10 digits preceded by country code 1.

I suspect you may get a better answer in the Air Travel forum as this issue is not exactly related to Portugal specifically.

Edited: 1:57 am, June 12, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: re: vayama and ryan air

yes, i screwed up using 3rd party but have used them many times with no problem so felt confident. We

knew nothing about ryan air. I have no idea why they used different contact info but since i have finally squeezed it out of them i think we shall be fine as my live chat with ryan air today verifies they acknowledge that we have purchased our tickets. all my wasted time has taught me my lesson to book directly with airlines in the future. thank you

Reply to: re: vayama and ryan air
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;