We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which beach cleans the seaweed or has less of it?

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Which beach cleans the seaweed or has less of it?

Visiting with small kids, trying to avoid huge mounds of seaweed and parts that are impossible to cross. Is there a beach that maintains the seaweed or grates the sand in the mornings? Willing to pay if need be, we only have 4 beach days and don't want the 5 yr olds freaked out lol. I'm staying ocean front in what used to be Hawthorne suites, now condos, across from the pier. In the past I know the sea wall seemed cleaner then Jamaica beach because it was maintained but I'm hearing scary things about seaweed this year...I also know some areas get a cleaner clearer ocean experience then others as well. Any help would be incredible! Thanks so much!

BTW, the reason one of the kiddo is scared is he stepped on seaweed with no issue 2 yrs ago until he slashed his foot open on glass that was covered by seaweed and ended up ruining his trip with stitches....see my point? Kid will freak if it's a lot of seaweed lol

Level Contributor
237 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Which beach cleans the seaweed or has less of it?

I like Stewart Beach better, but not a huge difference I suppose. On the super busy times like holiday weekends, you can get stuck for hours out on East Beach with hundreds of people wanting to leave at the same time and only one road out.

Denton, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Which beach cleans the seaweed or has less of it?

Do you know anything on the seaweed in Surfside? Going there next week and can't find any info.

Level Contributor
237 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Which beach cleans the seaweed or has less of it?

The amount washing up is greatly reduced. Any beaches that have been cleaned are going to be in pretty good shape. Those that haven't will take awhile to get back in shape. The seaweed rots pretty quickly. I don't know about Surfside specifically.

14. Re: Which beach cleans the seaweed or has less of it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, August 06, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Galveston Island
More Galveston Island Topics