We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hobbles on the cobbles

Which Bruges hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Topic
hobbles on the cobbles

Hello,

Coming to Bruges for a weekend soon - with a broken foot!

We are staying at the Hotel Notre Dame, Mariastraat 3, which hopefully is quite central? I expect a taxi there from the station is the best option? How much should I expect to pay?

I want to hobble about as little as possible, sample some nice bars, treat myself to a couple of nice but not too pricey meals and maybe take a boat ride on the canals.

Any recommendations gratefully accepted. I want to avoid hobbling around on wild goose chases, so any any advice on good bars, restaurants, boat boarding places etc would be so gratefully received. We are on a budget!

Determined to have a good holiday despite the plaster cast!

HeXX

UK
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: hobbles on the cobbles

Come on.....help me out...

HeX

Maidenhead, United...
Level Contributor
500 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hobbles on the cobbles

Hi there - I can recommend a couple of bars

Brug's Beertje, Kemelstraat 5, should be withing fairlsy easy hobbling distance from where you are staying - they sell 300 different types of bottled beer. The menu allows you to choose by region, brewing style etc.. It's a great place, busy so maybe go early-ish in order to get a table - a good place to relax, chat and gossip plus drink, of course. Nice mix of locals and vistors when we were last there

De Kuppe at 19 Kuipersstraat is a bit further away from your hotel - it's quite near the Markt - they sell over 100 different beers. The clientele is a mix of different ages and the atmosphere is good.

Enjoy Bruges and hope you don't have to hobble moo much!

UK
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: hobbles on the cobbles

Thank you - very useful.

Gulfport, Florida
Level Contributor
612 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hobbles on the cobbles

Yes, it is quite central. A taxi from the train station should cost <10 euro.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
482 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hobbles on the cobbles

Bierbrasserie Cambrinus which is on Philipstockstraat, just off the Markt is a great bar.

Fantastic selection of beers, and good food as well.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hobbles on the cobbles

I second the suggestion to go to Cambrinus: close to the Markt, excellent beer list, good food. We enjoyed visits there on 3 consecutive nights while in Brugge.

Also for the sake of your temporary disability, I noticed they had one of the more accessible pubs and spacious & clean restrooms. You should have fewer problems getting around in there.

Cheers!

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
202 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hobbles on the cobbles

There are horse carriages that you can take for a visit around the city as well and that might be good for you, if you can get into one with your cast...? They're located right in the central markt. Sorry to hear about that, but I admire you for continuing with your trip nonetheless!

8. Re: hobbles on the cobbles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, August 27, 2009