We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus

Which Bruges hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hereford, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Bus

Hi

I am trying to find info on buses from the Train station to Annuntiatenstraat but the De Lijn journey planner isn't too user friendly.

I believe the stop I need is Brugge Snaggardbrug, are the correct buses the 4, 14, 43?

How long is the journey approx.?

Is the stop at the station easy to find?

Are the buses frequent at 19.30hrs aprox on a Monday night?

Also I think there is a Carrfour near the destination stop, do you know opening/closing hours?

Thanks Helen

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
4,622 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus

It is easier to use the SNCB/NMBS (Belgian Railways) website, not least because you can select "English". Entering Brugge NMBS as departure point and Brugge Snaggardbrug as arrival point will give you the timings you need including an estimate of the walking time from the train to the bus stop. Buses seem to run every 10 minutes at this time but stop running about 20.00 (but not if the Monday is a public holiday like next Monday).

The Carrefour you mention is a Carrefour Express (think Tesco Express) but closes at 19.00 - you can find the opening hours of all Carrefour stores in Belgium on the Carrefour Belgian website.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
30,828 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus

Here is the network map: delijn.be/images/stadsnet_brugge_tcm7-3174.p…

Zoom in and you'll see the Snaggaardbrug stop on lines 4, 14 and 43 - pale blue, blue and purple lines extending to the right beyond the grey circle representing all the lines to/from the city centre.

It's only 7 stops from the station so should take about 10 mins, depending on traffic.

Depending on which end of Annuntiatenstraat this is, you could also take the 3 or 13 to the stop Howest.

Yes it is easy to find the stop at the station, you just go to stand no. 1: delijn.be/images/station_brugge_tcm7-6951.pdf

Buses are not that frequent at that time in the evening, but you have a fair amount of choice. Here is the timetable for the #4: …delijn.be/dienstregelingen/Kalender2011/Wvl… (or go to …delijn.be/dienstregelingen/Dienstregelingen… and click on "download").

I presume the Carrefour in question is the Carrefour Express (smallest of the range they operate) one at Lange Rei 17: it closes at 19:00 hrs on Mondays. For others see http://www.carrefour.eu/fr/store - clicking on "infos sur le magasin" gives you opening hours (if that link doesn't work, put postcode 8000 in the box, without selecting a type of supermarket and you'll get all the Carrefours in Brugge, on a map).

Edited: 3:19 pm, April 16, 2014
Hereford, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus

Many Thanks For your prompt replies.

this is VERY helpful

Thanks for your time, Excited to visit your lovely town!

Helen

4. Re: Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 19, 2015