We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vegetarian friendly restaurants?

Which Bruges hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Herts, England, UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
vegetarian friendly restaurants?

Hello all, I wonder if anyone knows of a good vegetarian restaurant in Bruges, or restaurants that have good quality veggie options? thanks

redspirit

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,237 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vegetarian friendly restaurants?

You can select "vegetarian" as a type of cuisine in the restaurant list: tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g188671-Bruges_W… (which you can find from the green bar at the top of the page, when in the forum for Brugge - or any other city you might be interested in). That means you get the list in order of TA users' ratings, and can also see how they were reviewed. The same applies to vegetarian-friendly cuisines such as Indian and Italian.

You can also put "vegetarian" in the search box above your question, to find previous questions and answers on the subject, e.g.

- tripadvisor.com/…56550880

- tripadvisor.com/…50684503

- tripadvisor.com/…49443240

- tripadvisor.com/…45168754

1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: vegetarian friendly restaurants?

I really enjoyed the vegetarian bolognaise in Du Phare, a nice bar/bistro in the north of the city. The large portion lived up to its large billing!

http://www.duphare.be

Also ate at Passion for Food after reading the reviews on here. The owner was very friendly and welcoming. I had red lentil soup and vegetable tajine with beer, my girlfriend had similar but with a meat dish for her main and it came to about 40€ for both of us. Very tasty veggie food where it seemed that the owner cared about the quality.

For street food in the day there's an abundance of sandwich shops and the like, a friend recommended Zam Zam Tandoori Grill for falafel but I never had a chance to visit.

Enjoy, I got back from Bruges on Thursday evening and I'm missing it already!

EDIT: Just to add in case you aren't aware but the majority of friet stalls aren't vegetarian friendly due to the use of beef fat!

Edited: 10:20 am, April 13, 2014
3. Re: vegetarian friendly restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 15, 2015