We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do you love And recommend in Bruge?

Launceston...
Level Contributor
127 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
What do you love And recommend in Bruge?

Hello! We have hired a car and will be in Bruge for 3 nights. I know nothing about the area and so I was wondering what people love about it and what would be some lovely things to see/do in Bruge?

Warmly,

Bel

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,403 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What do you love And recommend in Bruge?

I suggest you look at the list already given under "things to do" (in the green bar at the top of this page, click on Bruges, and you will get a drop-down menu including this), in which the order reflects ratings by TA members, i.e. what people have already recommended (or not) in Brugge: tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g188671-Activiti…

Bearing in mind also what is available at the time of your visit, which you don't mention: e.g. canal boats will not be running in December but Christmas market and snow- and ice-sculpture festival are on.

Edited: 5:39 pm, November 21, 2013
Launceston...
Level Contributor
127 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What do you love And recommend in Bruge?

Thansk! We are there in 1.5 weeks :-)

Sydney
Level Contributor
470 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What do you love And recommend in Bruge?

In addition to simply plotting an enjoyable walking route that will take you through the prettiest areas of the city and spending a little extra time at museums that may interest you, the WWI battlesites, memorials and cemeteries of the Ieper/Ypres salient are less than an hour's drive away.

If these historical and moving sites interest you there's a wealth of information online that will help you plan your visit. If you wish ,send me a private message and I'll forward you a condensed version of this info that I put together for our own recent visit.

Enjoy,

CP

Launceston...
Level Contributor
127 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What do you love And recommend in Bruge?

Thank you CP! We are now not sure to travel to Bruge as apparently the tole roads in France are very expensive so we need to look into this more!

Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
304 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What do you love And recommend in Bruge?

You will not be using a toll road in France if coming from Dover , just plain `ol Motorway types :)

Launceston...
Level Contributor
127 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What do you love And recommend in Bruge?

Dover? We would be coming from Paris ....:-)

Oostkamp
Level Contributor
261 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What do you love And recommend in Bruge?

That will be around 15 euro, each way, for toll in France

Launceston...
Level Contributor
127 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What do you love And recommend in Bruge?

Thank you!

9. Re: What do you love And recommend in Bruge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 24, 2014