We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bruges, Belgium

Boston...
Level Contributor
51 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Bruges, Belgium

In Brussels planning to take train to Bruges either Monday or Tuesday. Have conflicting reports as to what is open in Bruge on Monday? Shops, canal cruise, market place, museums etc?? If closed, will go Tuesday.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bruges, Belgium

Shops will be open and and canal cruises will be running Monday. Most museums will be closed Monday.

Level Contributor
176 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bruges, Belgium

Does anyone know if the Castle Ten Berghe is still open as a hotel? I stayed there about 4 yrs ago. But, on their website it said they had to close in 2013.

Bromley
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bruges, Belgium

Their website is correct - they are closed.

Level Contributor
176 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bruges, Belgium

I am so sad to hear this. I loved staying at that old castle. It was charming. Does anyone know why it is now closed?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
100 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bruges, Belgium

Hello,

I am planning a visit for next month. If I come on a Sunday, would most of the shops/restaurants/museums/canal boats be closed?

Many thanks for your help.

Sluis, The...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bruges, Belgium

Sunday: all is open, except regular shops, tourist shops are open

7. Re: Bruges, Belgium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 30, 2015