We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking Height Restriction

Which Bruges hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southampton, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Parking Height Restriction

I am planning to stay in Brugge at the Novotel Centrum. Unfortunately my car and roof box are just under 2.3m which means I cannot use the underground car park at Katelijnestraat. Any suggestions where I can park nearby?

Sluis, The...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking Height Restriction

Hello,

Unfortunately the highest underground parking is 2m15 (in front of train station) which means you will have to park above ground.

Inside Bruges all streets are either metered parking or require a parking disc (max. 4 hours).

Behind the train station you can park on Oesterparking, an outdoor car park, for which the price is 2 euro per day: interparking.be/en/…

Keep in mind though that massive road works are being planned in that area. For the moment traffic flow is still good, but it changes constantly.

You can park for free, as long as you wish, along the outer ring road for traffic. The streets for your GPS / Google Maps: Buiten Gentpoortvest, Buiten Boninvest and Buiten Kazernevest. Often used by truckers, coaches, people with a mobile home and people who just want to park for free.

If you manage to park at Buiten Gentpoortvest it would be a good 15 minutes walking to your hotel.

Otherwise you can use the mobile home car park: http://www.interparking.com/ - (bottom of the page) Bruges - Kampeerautoterreinen 1 & 2 (Bruges)

Price is currently 22,50 euro per day.

Last option is to park on one of the free car parks surrounding the city, and take a bus into town.

But as you'll probably be approaching Bruges from the motorway I suggest you just try Oesterparking behind the train station. You'll most likely enter Bruges from that angle so try that one first. There is a tourist office inside the train station as well, so if you need directions you can always drop by (max. 15 minute car park in front of the train station). Opening hours tourist office:

Monday - Friday: 10h00 - 17h00

Saturday & Sunday: 10h00 - 14h00

Kindest regards,

Sabrina

Southampton, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking Height Restriction

Thanks Sabrina

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking Height Restriction

Hi Sabrina, we will be staying in Grand Hotel Casselbergh Bruges in late July for one night. Do you know if this hotel has a parking for guests? I could not find any info on this. If not, is there any close by parking space? Thanks

Edited: 1:54 am, May 28, 2013
London
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
815 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking Height Restriction

Rubi K - from the hotel's website

Parking facilities:

Our underground car park has 40 spaces; spaces are subject to availability and can only be reserved after advance booking.

€25/day

At the end of the Hoogstraat, by the restaurant Calis, turn left onto the Meestraat and you will arrive at the rear of the hotel. After 20m you will see the entrance to the underground private car park of Grand Hotel Casselbergh Bruges****.

So I would give them a call / send a message to reserve.

I am sure if they have no space they will be able to suggest nearby options.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking Height Restriction

Thanks so much.

6. Re: Parking Height Restriction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 30, 2014