We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Bruges is the best city to live in Belgium"

Which Bruges hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wingene, Belgium
Level Contributor
462 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
"Bruges is the best city to live in Belgium"

Nice to know !

The Belgian consumers' organisation Test-Aankoop has compiled a list of the cities offering the best quality of life.

BRUGES is N° 1 !!!!

deredactie.be/cm/…120625_Bruges_pleasant

Edited: 11:10 am, June 26, 2012
Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Bruges is the best city to live in Belgium"

I agree with that - I keep looking at houses for sale over there and buying Eurolottery tickets - a girl has got to dream :)

I would live there in a heartbeat

Edited: 12:42 pm, June 26, 2012
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,872 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Bruges is the best city to live in Belgium"

I wouldn't: too many tourists and I don't think foreigners know how much bureaucracy there is in Belgium, which in Flanders, they would be obliged to handle in Dutch. Just because you can speak English when visiting as a tourist does not mean you would get away with it as a resident!

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Bruges is the best city to live in Belgium"

I know Qaminari - we have read up on the website about taking up residency and I have to say I agree 100% with it all.

I love the place because of its sheer beauty but also because of the people, not just those that work in the tourist industry , but the staff in supermarkets, cafes etc - when I went for the first time over 12 years ago now I was with my mother - she was registered blind, was extremely hard of hearing and was in the early stages of Alzheimers - the way she was treated - with so much compassion and respect by everyone was amazing - the staff in Quick on Markt realised that she had problems ( the alzheimers) and they gave her her cup of tea or coffee in a lovely china mug as she complained about the plastic/cardboard ones - touches like that - when they didnt need to show me Bruges is a place I could live in and feel safe.

Yes - I do get very emotional about the city - it means so much to us here and if I was ever lucky enough to have the wherewithal to live there I would happily take any courses required.

4. Re: "Bruges is the best city to live in Belgium"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 28, 2013