We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kempinski vs. Pand Hotel

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
507 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Kempinski vs. Pand Hotel

I will be visiting Bruges in September and have narrowed down my hotel choice to the Kempinski and the Pand. Both hotels are offering similar-priced rooms.

I would love to hear comments and feedback regarding these two hotels (pricing is not a major concern). The key areas that I am looking for comments include: location, ambiance, comfort/luxury, service, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bromley
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kempinski vs. Pand Hotel

Hi

Both are centrally located.

Kempinski is the only 5* hotel in the city;

The Pand does have reviews that suggest the rooms are on the smaller size.

To give a view of their relative sizes:

Pand has 26 rooms

Kempinski has 93 rooms

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g188671-d2067…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g188671-d8152…

So much of a muchness between the two.

Sluis, The...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kempinski vs. Pand Hotel

Hi,

As Kempinski is a chain hotel the rooms are more or less the same, while Pand is a typical boutique hotel in which each room has its own unique style.

Pand is very cosy and British while Kempinski is stylish and elegant in a more modern way.

As NWKent has already told you both are centrally located. Shops, restaurants, attractions and museums are within walking distance of both.

Pand is very near Rozenhoedkaai, the most photographed spot in Bruges. Kempinski is behind one of the main shopping streets.

Both hotels are luxurious, but as NWKent has pointed out, Kempinski is the only 5 star hotel in town, which makes it quite exclusive.

Kempinski has a large garden, I don't think Pand has a garden.

I cannot comment on the service. If you're looking a forum reader will come along you has stayed in both....if not, you will just have to read and compare the reviews on Tripadvisor (and perhaps a couple of other sites).

Best regards,

Sabrina

Geraardsbergen...
Level Contributor
40 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kempinski vs. Pand Hotel

Since the Pand hotel is a small, family owned and run hotel, it is much more authentic. I really appreciate the personal approach of Lyne and her team.

But have you checked Lyne's house, Bonifacius? It hosts 3 luxury guestrooms, and you have breakfast in the salon viewing over the canal and the big church. For me, that is the top of Bruges!

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kempinski vs. Pand Hotel

Hello Montrealboy

I know your thread has been dormant for a few weeks, but I have just popped into the Bruges forum this evening to whet my appetite for a return visit later this year.

I would highly recommend The Pand Hotel. My husband and I stayed there in 2010 for 2 nights and had intended on returning last year - but went to your beautiful Quebec instead!

Unless their prices have increased significantly since our last visit, it will be our first choice for our next visit in November. I can't imagine staying anywhere else - unless as Renaat mentions, their sister property Bonifacius. A pure magical location http://www.bonifacius.be/

Here's a link to the review I wrote of The Pand at the time tripadvisor.ie/ShowUserReviews-g188671-d2067…

If you do choose The Pand, be sure to hunt out Wijnbar Est around the corner.

If you fancy popping into Ireland on your way, any chance you would take me a couple of bottles of Domaine Pinnacle Iced Cider ;-)

Save Reply
5. Re: Kempinski vs. Pand Hotel

Hi ...I'm going in november and I have the same doubt .. What did you decide ?? The Pand or Kempinski ?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
507 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kempinski vs. Pand Hotel

I ended up staying at the Kempinski because I got a pretty good deal and I had good experiences with other Kempinski hotels. I was quite pleased with the overall experience and the hotel was very nice. Location-wise it was excellent. Breakfast at the hotel was very good as well.

The only complaint was that the signage for drivers to the hotel was pretty non-existent. We arrived on a day when there were some street closures due to street festivals...trying to navigate to the hotel by car was a nightmare. Other than that, it was an excellent experience.

For your info, we stayed in the Deluxe Rooms.

7. Re: Kempinski vs. Pand Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, December 15, 2013