We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trains from Brussels airport to brugge

Which Bruges hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
trains from Brussels airport to brugge

Hi can you sayif it is possible to get off the plan aat Brussels and catch a train to Brugge.

If so is the station near the airport. How much does it cost and how long does it take please.

Thank you

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
701 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trains from Brussels airport to brugge

Hi,

The train station is located in the airport, just follow the signs.

From the train station you have to take an Inter Regio train to Brussels Nord station with direction Gent or Quevy.

From Brussels Nord station you have to take an Inter City train with direction Knokke or Oostende

The journey takes 1 hour and 25 minutes.

Trains leave at the airport every 30 minutes

Tickets costs 16.25 euros / One way for the 2 trains.

Booking : https:/…

Timetables : http://www.b-rail.be/main/E/

Max

Wingene, Belgium
Level Contributor
462 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trains from Brussels airport to brugge

The traintrip Brugge - Brussel-Nationaal(Luchthaven) takes about 90 minutes. There is no direct train from Brugge to Brussels Airport.

You have to change in Brussel-Noord.

Timetables-Trainplanner are here

http://www.b-rail.be/nat/E/

England
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: trains from Brussels airport to brugge

Thank you very much.

As it is a first visit to Brugge - I wonder do you have any idea what the weather might be like in March.

Or any places to visit that you recommend please.

England
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: trains from Brussels airport to brugge

Thank you very much

I wonder do you also know what the weather is like in March.

Also can you recommend any particular sights please.

Wingene, Belgium
Level Contributor
462 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trains from Brussels airport to brugge

The weather in March in Bruges ?

same as U.K.weather: rain or sunshine, freezing cold and sunny, ...or cloudy.....

This week is freezing cold +/- 0°C but sunny spells.

But Mid-March 2005 it was 22°C !!!

In BRUGES there is so much to see on walking distance.

I can not recommend this or that but you can find a lot of tips on trip advisor!

ENJOY !

England
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: trains from Brussels airport to brugge

thak you - we have it all sorted now but my hubby was wondering the best and most reasonable way to get from the train station at Brugge to the main section with the hotels if you have any ideas please.

Wingene, Belgium
Level Contributor
462 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trains from Brussels airport to brugge

There is no 'main section with the hotels' in Bruges.The hotels are all over Bruges. Some are miles away....

The city center (Belfry) is about 1 Mile walking from the railwaystation(=cheapest option). Every bus 'centrum' goes there.

(+/- €1.60).Or taxi.

Price depending where your hotel is of course.

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: trains from Brussels airport to brugge

A quick warning to anyone booking rail tickets from the link on this site. I booked 2 return tickets from the airport to Bruges costing 65 euro. When return is selected there is no option given for a return date. I assumed it would be open for a certain period. My tickets gave no indication of return validation so I contacted them. Suprise suprise! Ticket is valid for one day only. So anyone arriving at Brussels airport and wishing to buy a return ticket to Bruges must come back on the same day!!! How many people actually do this every day? Not a lot. Tickets cannot be changed or refunded, suprise suprise! I now have to pay another 32.50 euro to return to the airport. This is deliberately misleading. What a lovely attitude towards visitors to the country. I've never visited Belgium before, this is not a good start.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
701 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: trains from Brussels airport to brugge

Syd2syd,

This site , I have given is the official booking site of the Belgian rail company .

If you buy a Return ticket you have to use that The Same Day !

If you want to book a return on different days you have to buy 2 single tickets !

Here you can complain : b-rail.be/cgi-script/feedback/chooseform.cgi…

Max

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: trains from Brussels airport to brugge

I already have complained and was told 'tough s##t', in so many words. Nice company.

Edited: 1:58 pm, March 31, 2010