We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how many days should spend in brugge,brussels and amsterdam?

Dublin, Ireland
14 posts
Save Topic
how many days should spend in brugge,brussels and amsterdam?

im looking forward for my easter trip next april to these 3 places. im thinking of spending 6days for this trip (including the journey time).the 6th day being the day i would travel back to Dublin.is this plan feasible? or i need to choose either brugge or brussels? coz im surely wanna spend 3days in amsterdam.

if i can, i wanna go to brussel first from dublin, then brugge and amsterdam last.what do u guys think?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,391 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how many days should spend in brugge,brussels and amsterdam?

It's entirely up to you to decide how much you want to do in each place, which is the only way you can decide how much time you need in each city. Just bear in mind however that if you are coming by Ryanair (which you might be, coming from Dublin), you won't be landing in Brussels (BRU) but in Charleroi (CRL), which is an hour or so away from Brussels. So if you would be travelling back to Dublin from there, don't forget to allow for the time you need to get there from wherever you end up - which if you were in Amsterdam, could take up to 5 hours.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,545 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how many days should spend in brugge,brussels and amsterdam?

I would spend one night in Brussels, two nights in bruges, and three nights in Amsterdam.

Suffolk
Level Contributor
954 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how many days should spend in brugge,brussels and amsterdam?

Hi Lynsa,

I guess it depends what you want to do and see as to where to spend your time?

I think Bussels and Bruges are about 1 hour train apart so you could just do one or other as a day trip unless there is something specific you want to do there?

As mentioned above it also depends on flights as many lowcost airlines don't fly direct to the city. also consider wasted time packing/unpacking, and traveling to and from hotels.

Could you consider flight to Amsterdam, train to Bruges/Brussels and eurostar to London and then flight home?

Sorry if this throws up more questions than answers and happy travels!

Cheers Jazz

Gotham
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: how many days should spend in brugge,brussels and amsterdam?

Now that trip idea would be good.

iI would like to know your opinion. Please

KTfromNC
Level Contributor
352 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how many days should spend in brugge,brussels and amsterdam?

3 days in Amsterdam and 3 days in Brussels (taking a day trip to Brugge).

I can recommend a couple great places to stay in both.

In Amsterdam:

vacationhomerentals.com/vacation-rentals/Ams…

We spend a week there and had a great time. It's the most reasonable houseboat in the city, and it's super convenient...

In Brussels:

homelidays.co.uk/bruxelles/apartment-flat-24…

Aweek again, and also a great time. The PERFECT location as you can walk to anything in minites.

Both of these rentals were hosted by the most wonderful and helpful owners my wife and I had the pleasure of dealing with.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,545 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how many days should spend in brugge,brussels and amsterdam?

If your travelling by Ryanair you could also fly from Dublin to Charleroi ('Brussels South' , then visit Brussels, goto Bruges, end up in Amsterdam. And fly back from Eindhoven.

Dublin, Ireland
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: how many days should spend in brugge,brussels and amsterdam?

wow! thanks a lot u guys..so helpful.

well, good news.instead of 6days of holiday, i now got 7days full for my easter break.

I was thinking of going from Dublin to Charleroi airport in Brussels early in the morning then the next day going straight to bruges. only spend one day each. maybe another one day after for gent or antwerp. then the 4th day take a train to amsterdam n stay 3nights there.then going back to dublin from amsterdam by flight

is this plan feasible? or is it juz plain ridiculous? should i stay in brussels for 3days then visit bruges and antwerp/gent in those 3days or should i overnight at each one of the cities?or should i juz totally forget about antwerp/gent?which is better?antwerp or gent?

oh yeah, n im on a really tight budget.:D

by the way, thanks a lot to each one of you for helping me out! :D

Dublin, Ireland
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: how many days should spend in brugge,brussels and amsterdam?

oops.spelling error.it's GHENT.so sorry belgium people:(

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,545 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how many days should spend in brugge,brussels and amsterdam?

I wouldn't stay three nights in Brussels, one is enough. Then I would stay two nights in Brugge. I always prefer to stay two nights so you have your hotel in the afternoon as well, so you can go back for a nap or have lunch in your room.

Ghent and Antwerp or both equally nice cities in my opinion, but if I were you I would skip them for this trip. Three cities in a week is more than enough.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
6,023 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: how many days should spend in brugge,brussels and amsterdam?

One night in Brussels is enough. I would spend two nights in Brugge and one in Brussels.